Resurrecting an old club

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, stellvia said:

I was wanting to resurrect an old club that was open a couple of years back called [:: PINK ::] Gentlemen's Lounge, but I wanted to use everything they had (including the picture), is that possible? Or do I have to use my own stuff or start from scratch?

contact the previous owner and try to get a deal... if you can't contact, you will always have the risk to get disagreements or even DMCA claims later. In general it's a big no no and have to start your own, including own name, or of course pay thousends for the use of the already existing items/stuff/groups/artwork.
Also for items and artwork.. find out if there's no limitation on the use of it, it always can be made under personal licence and isn't transferable to a third person.

If i'm not wrong you have experience in this field so i'm really a bit surprised you don't know these things.

Also strongly advice you not to start using the same advertisement system, you'd be surprised how many venues lost their onwers ( and even more employees because those are tricked into working for them )by spamming groups, persons and forums.

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

contact the previous owner and try to get a deal... if you can't contact, you will always have the risk to get disagreements or even DMCA claims later. In general it's a big no no and have to start your own, including own name, or of course pay thousends for the use of the already existing items/stuff/groups/artwork.
Also for items and artwork.. find out if there's no limitation on the use of it, it always can be made under personal licence and isn't transferable to a third person.

If i'm not wrong you have experience in this field so i'm really a bit surprised you don't know these things.

Also strongly advice you not to start using the same advertisement system, you'd be surprised how many venues lost their onwers ( and even more employees because those are tricked into working for them )by spamming groups, persons and forums.

Problem is the previous owner doesn't play anymore. Not sure how to go about that.

1 minute ago, stellvia said:

Not sure how to go about that.

easy : don't

The fact he/she doesn't play doesn't mean the rights are free.

(depends a bit on country, you'd might to have a little patience, for about 30 to 70 yrs)

Edited by Alwin Alcott

Just now, stellvia said:

Thank you for the heads up :) New club it is.

i think that's most wise thing to do,

it's of course a black/white scenario i told, but possible you'll never hear anything about it when you would use the old things, but the risk will haunt you as long you'r using the existing name/logo/pics. And if there are registered rights you can get in serious RL trouble also ($)

Just aside... who wants old pink if there's a new color available :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.