Jump to content

Question

Is anyone at all still interested in listening to this genre of music?! I am still grooving with it and making a club on my plot and currently still building. How do I get traffic? My other friends were wondering too, any help is grateful and advice. Message me in world please! Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

You invite all of your friends and ask them to invite their friends. And you better have something interesting enough to make them want to stay and come again. Very few clubs make money and few survive for very long, so just plan on doing things you and your friends enjoy. If you succeed, other people will hear about it. If not, you'll still have fun. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 minutes ago, RubyFaine said:

Is anyone at all still interested in listening to this genre of music?! I am still grooving with it and making a club on my plot and currently still building. How do I get traffic? My other friends were wondering too, any help is grateful and advice. Message me in world please! Thank you!

Traffic can take a long time to build, as Rolig says most will come from friends, and their friends. You can get some with a decently worded parcel add for search. As there is an SEO algorithm there, rather then just keyword-spam fill your parcel description with a readable paragraph.

Short of that, try things and watch your parcel traffic, see what seems to attract people and what doesn't. Provide something other places don't.

5b52c6774e1b6_download(27).thumb.jpeg.c73dceee3ef6c9084c6bc2af289a584f.jpegAlso, always watch people, see what they do and where they go inside your club. Consider why they made those choices and build on it.

Although you will make some friends, you'll never make money, and it can take many attempts to get a club that can even break 1,000 traffic.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Can you please explain by what you mean by this statement?: 

Quote

You can get some with a decently worded parcel add for search. As there is an SEO algorithm there, rather then just keyword-spam fill your parcel description with a readable paragraph.

Just reading and learning and more researching. I am not worried about the money, rather for fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

A parcel description that is loaded with trigger words that appeal to search engines will attract search engines.  A description that says something interesting that people want to know about your club will attract people. Basically, word of mouth, friend to friend, is the best advertising you can get.  Once a friend is interested, the next thing he will look at is your front door.  He can do that by visiting, of course.  These days, he is just as likely to check out your profile -- what you have written on line that will tell what sort of a place your club is.  So make it something short, informative, and interesting.  B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
18 hours ago, RubyFaine said:

Can you please explain by what you mean by this statement?: 

SEO is "Search Engine Optimisation". When talking about the new style search, the search engine does de-rate people who only use unrelated keyword spam.  For example: "Music girls guys gay straight furrys afk england loses football antarctica sex hardstyle free freebee boybits" will rate lower in search than a meaningful paragraph. There are many other factors in your search position, but that is one of them.

This is quantifiable somewhat. You can change your parcel description over time and watch it move up or down in the list on your preferred search terms. We spent about a month working on the exact working needed to raise our entry on the searches we wanted. 

Although a fair chunk of people do use the old search that is strictly ranked on traffic.

It's hard to quantify who comes in on search and who comes in from other marketing like ad-boards (which are certainly worthwhile) or word of mouth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

SEO is "Search Engine Optimisation". When talking about the new style search, the search engine does de-rate people who only use unrelated keyword spam.  For example: "Music girls guys gay straight furrys afk england loses football antarctica sex hardstyle free freebee boybits" will rate lower in search than a meaningful paragraph. There are many other factors in your search position, but that is one of them.

This is quantifiable somewhat. You can change your parcel description over time and watch it move up or down in the list on your preferred search terms. We spent about a month working on the exact working needed to raise our entry on the searches we wanted. 

Although a fair chunk of people do use the old search that is strictly ranked on traffic.

It's hard to quantify who comes in on search and who comes in from other marketing like ad-boards (which are certainly worthwhile) or word of mouth.

Oh alright, thank you very much! It would just be nice to have random people show up you know like they did where I was at. I am not seeking employment at my plot for I am broke, I am just looking for listeners and letting others invite others to have a good time as well. D: Thank you for the input!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Thank you guys for your help! If anyone wants to come take a peek while I am still building, message me in world! Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 7/20/2018 at 11:23 PM, Rolig Loon said:

You invite all of your friends and ask them to invite their friends. And you better have something interesting enough to make them want to stay and come again. Very few clubs make money and few survive for very long, so just plan on doing things you and your friends enjoy. If you succeed, other people will hear about it. If not, you'll still have fun. 

For me it's not about making money, its fun! D: And I love djing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

A couple of things I didn't see when skimming the thread...

Regular reliable events will build attendance. 

Various contests will build attendance. Best dressed, costume, dancer, etc. There are people looking to make some L$ that follow contests and bring all their friends to vote for them. So, compare the Lab's advertising fees and results to the cost of your events awarding prizes.

You can probably talk some designers into sponsoring events that feature their products.

Having a group to remind people of the event start time and provide a link. I will say that I REALLY have to like a place to commit one of my group slots to it. I am much more likely to do a Subscib-O-Matic commit than a group join. Also, multiple notices all day long will drive me out of a group.

Also, there are DJ's that have followings. So, see about DJ'ing at popular clubs. You may pick up some fans. Most clubs will allow you to promote yourself but not your club. So, a group based on you rather than your club may work better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 7/24/2018 at 12:13 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

A couple of things I didn't see when skimming the thread...

Regular reliable events will build attendance. 

Various contests will build attendance. Best dressed, costume, dancer, etc. There are people looking to make some L$ that follow contests and bring all their friends to vote for them. So, compare the Lab's advertising fees and results to the cost of your events awarding prizes.

You can probably talk some designers into sponsoring events that feature their products.

Having a group to remind people of the event start time and provide a link. I will say that I REALLY have to like a place to commit one of my group slots to it. I am much more likely to do a Subscib-O-Matic commit than a group join. Also, multiple notices all day long will drive me out of a group.

Also, there are DJ's that have followings. So, see about DJ'ing at popular clubs. You may pick up some fans. Most clubs will allow you to promote yourself but not your club. So, a group based on you rather than your club may work better.

Thank you!

I dont post a lot of notices, and if people wanna dj here they surely can! I have not asked about people advertising in my club with their products so maybe that will also help! I am just really really anxious to get the ball rolling. I got banned from a place I was not happy about it, but learning from my mistake, oh well.............live on! And I am a learning about building stuff, so far its fun and relaxing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

hardstyle doesn't have a wide following in SL. Is a few people into it tho, in the same way there a few people into southie rap or death metal or any other tight scene

this said. When crafting your club parcel description use descriptors that you know people who are into hardstyle will know. What people know is what they search on

the other big thing is to make a group and engage yourself in the group chat. Use the group chat as a chat channel, both for yourself and the group members. Not just about club or scene activities, for general chat as well. Get friendly 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×