Lost Chat Logs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, IreeneAddler said:

Hi All,

I have been keeping my chat logs for a long time. I recently accessed them, only to find that lots are missing. I have read that updates can wipe out chat logs. In there any way I can retrieve my lost chat logs?

Hopefully!

i'm sorry, but if they aren't on your pc anymore, it's gone.

Clean installs wipe all folders. Unless you copy it in time to another location.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I found, that when doing updates, the Copy of huge chat logs can take a bit of time.   Recently I found it’s better to just rename the folder instead. BUT this can keep old settings too so you don’t have that totally Clean update any longer. (Unless getting in folder and working with individual files). 

Further with my method, I will not let New install start until i’ve Organized names/logs/files/etc the way I want them. The new install creates a new folder upon first , freash start with default settings. 

I save my settings and logs in a different place than the main viewer directory,also with a new folder name..

Not sure what viewer you are using,but you can get an idea from this video how to save your logs in a safe place as well as settings..

This is for the phoenix viewer,but it's pretty much the same when saving logs and settings and such..

Hope this helps..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.