purchase land owned by an inactive user

RJ Jules

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know if there is a way to purchase mainland land from an inactive user?? I have some mainland land and smack in the middle is a 16sq spot that another user owns, totally surrounded by my surrounded by my land. Not sure if I have any options to acquire the land if I cannot contact the seller?? 

Why did you buy it if there was a 16 m square hole in the middle.

And no as long as the owner is paying tier, there's no way you can get it.

this isn't rl where the government will condemn private property to give it to another private individual / corporation.

18 minutes ago, RJ Jules said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to purchase mainland land from an inactive user?? I have some mainland land and smack in the middle is a 16sq spot that another user owns, totally surrounded by my surrounded by my land. Not sure if I have any options to acquire the land if I cannot contact the seller?? 

Take out a support ticket asking for someone at the Lab to check out the status of that user. If the account's paid up there isn't anything they can do for you, but there are times when someone stops paying or (especially common) a group that owns the land has no valid members contributing tier to it any more. The land doesn't automatically become "abandoned" when that happens but if nobody's paying for it the Lab will probably allow you to buy that microplot.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Theresa's suggestion is the first you should try. Don't give up right away if they tell you know. Sometimes they re-examine the case if you reopen it and agree to sell it to you after all.

You also have one special argument in this case. Splitting off a 16 m2 plot in the middle of a parcel like this, is an old landcutter trick that is very much frowned upon by LL. They may agree to let you have the parcel for that reason too. Unlikely if it was split off long ago but certainly worth mentioning when you open the support case.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If they're really an inactive account, just ignore their boundaries and encroach all over it to your heart's content. The risk, of course, is that the owner rise from the dead and return all your encroaching stuff.

(Hint: Linden plants are an exception and don't "encroach" in a way that can be returned by the landowner. They also couldn't do anything about particles that might be cast into their parcel. On the other hand, they could enlist a Linden to sweep clean the precious postage stamp, so don't be a dick about it.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.