Firestorm AO +Arms?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've used Vista AOs for a very long time. However, over the past few years I've found myself using Firestorm's built-in AO function more and more to the point where I often switch off the Vista AO or remove it altogether.

When Vista is not there I miss the ARMS animations, such as crossing arms/hands, scratching head, looking at nails etc..

In the Firestorm AO I have added stands, walks, sits, but is there any way to incorporate some ARMS animations into the Firestorm AO setup too, so they play 'over' the stands and sits as they did in when the Vista AO was running?

I hope that makes sense.

I do not think so. If the arms animations were seperate partial animations played on top of the regular animation butat higher priority that is not possible, but I really do not think that is the way your previous AO handled it - usually it is just a seperate alternative full stand animation -  you should be able ot add more than one stand and cycle through them.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

In the old ZhaoII animation overrider, there is the option to play back a stand with a matching second animation. The configuration notecard wanted the token [Stand]Stand1,Stand1_1|Stand2,Stand2_1...etc as a mean to instruct the script to do as follow: when playing Stand1, also run Stand 1_1 at the same time, the pipe ( | ) sign is a mean to separate the stand animation entries, so that the animation comprised between the pipes are treated as a single entry. This method is in place also for the default avatar animation on the walk, where it is split in upper body and lower body, depending on the shape selection (male or female avatar) and they run the proper legs animation independently from the torso animation.

Since the introduction of Bento, this method broke if the animation entry Stand1_1 in the example above was a Bento joints only animation (like only fingers, or tail etc), so i guess Vista has done the trick adding the full arm animation in order to trigger the fingers correctly along with it and bypass the malfunctioning behavior.

I don't use the Firestorm built in AO, but i seem to remember it doesn't support such a feature (at least at the time of my experiments with it) @Whirly Fizzle may provide more accurate answer though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

In the old ZhaoII animation overrider, there is the option to play back a stand with a matching second animation. The configuration notecard wanted the token [Stand]Stand1,Stand1_1|Stand2,Stand2_1...etc as a mean to instruct the script to do as follow: when playing Stand1, also run Stand 1_1 at the same time, the pipe ( | ) sign is a mean to separate the stand animation entries, so that the animation comprised between the pipes are treated as a single entry. This method is in place also for the default avatar animation on the walk, where it is split in upper body and lower body, depending on the shape selection (male or female avatar) and they run the proper legs animation independently from the torso animation.

Thank you - as some of the current AO suppliers still use a ZHAO II core I will try this soon

Edited by Fionalein

15 hours ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

When Vista is not there I miss the ARMS animations, such as crossing arms/hands, scratching head, looking at nails etc..

I just use stand animations that have these types of movements in them.  I think I currently have about a dozen stands set to randomly change ever 10-15 seconds.  Some of the are just statics stands, but most have some sort of arm/feet/leg movement to them.

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I just use stand animations that have these types of movements in them.

Bento appendages may use joints positions animation, that's why they have split the animations from the rest of the body. This way you avoid unwanted deformations AKA skeleton collapse on the rest of the body, especially if this is to be applied for facial expressions.

Thanks for the replies, particularly OptimoMaximo for the tip about playing two anims at once using the technique above.

What I've done for now, and it works rather well, is use the Firestorm AO as I normally do, but added a simple Zhao HUD with only ARMS animations inside, plus a walk, a run and sits.

I stripped the Zhao HUD of all excess items and it works a treat, working the ARMS anims over my stands from Firestorm's AO.

I've found that walks within the Firestorm AO seem to upset things which causes the walk to stutter to a stop. So placing one inthe Zhao and removing the FS AO walk has remedied that.

I kinda like two AO's doing two things as it randomizes more, so arms don't always move at the exact same time with a stand. Or, I cam auto ARMS and remain on one fairly relaxed stand.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.