Someone is copybotting.

Kurenai Jun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, Kurenai Jun said:

How do I report a person who is copybotting

Abuse report, but guessing they won't do a lot, as the rightfull owner of the product needs to make a DMCA (copyright) claim.

48 minutes ago, Kurenai Jun said:

how do I let authority know that others are being suspected of performing this act?

not, that you think they do, doesn't mean they really do.
You have to be sure and have proof, and it has to be your items. ( see response to first part)

• Like 1

If you suspect copybotting always contact the original creator because ONLY THEY can 1) determine if it is really an issue of infringement and 2) they are the only one who can actually complain to LL about it with a DMCA take-down.

I have this happen to me about 8 or 9 years ago when someone saw a pair of prim dragons I created (this was before sculpties and mesh) and a mob appeared outside my sim-sized store. It was seriously torches and pitchforks. Then finally, someone contacted the original creator. he came over, looked at my stuff and laughed. Then he said, "it's not even close". Did that stop the mob at all? Not a bit. It actually got worse over the week.

Always be *very, very careful* when claiming something is copybotted (whether it's actual copybot or another method of copy). Notify the creator you believe is being cheated and let THEM decide.

Edited by Alyona Su

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.