HELP pls! (What the hell happened to me??)

Karina Leborski

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I was doing some inventory ordering, when I put on one of my outfits...and then THIS happened. I have a HUD with a few skin colors, all other colors look ok, but the color I usually wear looks like this now. Also my eyes look weirs...same, few colors on the HUD, only my favorite gone nuts. I asked people inword, seems like they see me ok. What can I do to see myself normal again? Please, help!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png

5 minutes ago, Karina Leborski said:

Nope, not yet. Newer done it. It can't be a harmful, right?

It can take you ages to relog after the clearing (depending on inventory size) but nope no other harm taken but having to download a lot again after you delete it.

Since the cache is cleared on the next startup of the viewer, it can take a few minutes if the cache is big.  Then depending on which cache is cleared, it can take a while to reload the inventory after the relog.  Firestorm has an inventory cache and a texture cache. You usually only need to clear one or the other, not both.  The one that just says 'Clear Cache' is the texture cache.  I'm pretty sure the LL viewer only has one cache - or at least only one that you can specify you want to clear.

Firestorm:

image.png.e8560d8576ec66c8bbb2a014800cf1ec.png

• Like 1

Before you clear cache, get a new copy of the body. You can unpack it from the container, if you have it. Never delete the container of the latest version of the inventory. If you don't have it, get a redelivery. Deleta all from the current body, hud and all. Texture it again.

Same for eyes. Get a new pair.

If you decide to clear cache, it is mostly for corrupted inventory, not worn items. Here is a few tips:

Make sure you log into an empty region. I use Hatton. Type in Hatton as your destination before you log in. You will probably be a cloud. Pull up the mini map when you are in, walk or fly to a corner with no avatars. Open inventory, type in xyz or something. Wait for inventory to load and you to be solid again. Take a coffee. It can take time - it will take time.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.