How to sell land with objects included?

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have some full permissions plants. I want to decorate the parcels I'm selling and include the decor. What is best way of doing it? I can not change owner as long as it is rezzed? Send the buyer a folder with the items?

Some of the items have following description. NO TERMS - can be resold or given away with any permissions you choose. Others have that I must change them or not sell it With full permissions, something I will do.

Change the next owner permissions as needed and then just click the sell objects with land option in the land sales tab. There is a show what will transfer (not sure of the exact wording) that you can hit to highlight what will transfer.  Most folks, I have found just delete things and start over with their (sometimes OH SO UGLY) stuff - LOL.   

10 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Change the next owner permissions as needed and then just click the sell objects with land option in the land sales tab. There is a show what will transfer (not sure of the exact wording) that you can hit to highlight what will transfer.  Most folks, I have found just delete things and start over with their (sometimes OH SO UGLY) stuff - LOL.   

Thanks. So I can place the objects on the land and the land sale does the job? Even if I make sure they are set no no transfer? I just make sure next owner can modify and copy is checked, and transfer is greyed out?  Some of the full perm stuff is not allowed to sell or give away with both copy and transfer.

Well, it is just to make the land different from all the other. What they do if they sell it does not bother me at all. It is also a interesting to see what I can do with limited items and not all my other things. :D

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Thanks. So I can place the objects on the land and the land sale does the job? Even if I make sure they are set no no transfer?

As long as you have transfer rights, yes. The permission system works exactly the same for objects sold with the land as it does for objects sold or given away separately.

The objects DO need to be TRANSFER (or they won't transfer :D ) as ChinRey says.  But the person buying -- if you make the item no copy  but transfer -- will have THAT PARTICULAR item for their use after the sale.  Sorry, I thought you probably knew that. 

As an aside, quite often folks will just LEAVE the items with the land for the next person to use. They can't MOVE them though so that makes it a little problematic. 

17 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

The objects DO need to be TRANSFER (or they won't transfer :D ) as ChinRey says.  But the person buying -- if you make the item no copy  but transfer -- will have THAT PARTICULAR item for their use after the sale.  Sorry, I thought you probably knew that. 

As an aside, quite often folks will just LEAVE the items with the land for the next person to use. They can't MOVE them though so that makes it a little problematic. 

Yes, that is true. I am new to this selling land stuff. I sold a piece of land (yay) with the landscaping items on. I of course made sure that the box with "objects included" was not ticked. It took some days, and the things was returned. I think there is still a pier and a boat there. It is of course that opinion, to make it look tasteful, but not overfilled, with my best landscaping items just to let potential buyers see what I did, and they can do the same or something totally different.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.