Land Extortion AGAIN???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got a neighbor who bought a 1024 sqm postage stamp of a parcel in a beautiful seaside mainland sim where everyone else owns almost a third of the sim. He opened a micro club and started using all the sim resources. Then when I closed access to my once public land and converted it to a private home, he got angry at me and put his land up for sale at 30,000 Lindens, and just to make sure that someone who lives there would buy it, he put a sham surfboard shop on the parcel for sale and erected a 100 meter tall surfboard display sign to advertise it. 

The 100 meter tall surfboard is little more than attempt to extort 30,000 Lindens out of residents to get rid of the hideous thing that towers above everything else in the sim. It was put there to harass and intimidate. And yet, despite dozens of abuse reports and calls to concierge, Linden Labs thinks this behavior is just fine for SL.

So I guess it's okay again to 'ad farm' your neighbors and create the biggest eyesore possible when you want to sell your parcel for a ridiculous amount of money. Some things never change, except maybe the reduction in support services that has been happening lately, despite LL charging exactly the same amount for a full sim tier. It is impossible to get a live Linden to help you anymore, impossible to submit a ticket for in world abuse, impossible to reach anyone at Linden Labs who is accountable for anything. Getting real sick of being charged a fortune to own virtual land, and then getting less and less for the money spent every day.

You suck Linden Labs! 

I shouldn't have to use an unsupported viewer to stop my neighbor from harassing me and trying to extort 30,000 Lindens from me. The Governance team in world has become less than useless. Linden Labs seems to think they aren't accountable to anyone, least of all their paying customers. The couldn't care less about land fraud as long as they get their cut. Complain too loudly about it and they punish the victim and not the victimizer. Second Life is a dictatorship where the residents have little to no legal recourse for anything that is done to them by other residents, or Linden Labs itself. The people in Libya have more civil rights than SL residents, sad really.

I agree with you that SL is a Linden Labs dictatorship. Completely true.
However, there are possibilities that remain without having to use a different viewer. One of them being moving away from mainland.

Now I realize fully that it's not the easiest option. It is however one of the best. Search for serious landlords who DO keep their customers happy. I know several who would reclaim such land without blinking an eye.

I also realize that most landlords have convenants that can be just as creepy as the EULA. But here too, there are many who have relaxed rules, caring support and descent representatives.

This is NOT an advert, and I am not a customer, but I would suggest IMEC.

BTW That derender function in Phoenix is working as told here, I just tested it myself.

I've thrice successully AR'd people for doing exactly what you describe, only they had smaller blight objects - only 40m on 2 of them (same person 2 lots in same sim at two separate times), and only 30m or so on another (in Zindra a good year ago or so).

AR it, and see what happens.

A lot of people claim LLs is unreasonable in not doing anything - but those same people then never even try to get LLs to do anything...

100m ads are against the rules which state that ads must be no more than 8m in any direction (and must be grounded). AR it daily, stating that it breaks the 8m "rule" by a very long way and is only there to extort a large amount of money out of a neighbour. If LL doesn't remove it soon, increase the AR requency to twice a day and continue increasing it until they remove it. And tell them every time that you will keep increasing the ARs until it is dealt with. Tell them that there is an 8m rule and you won't accept that sign being there. Shout at them and keep on shouting until they do their job. If they warn you for submitting too many ARs, tell them they can keep their warning and you won't stop until they get out of bed, do their job, and remove the thing that breaks the rule.

That's what I'd do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.