cloudflare servers

velvetgurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi all i recently read on sls info page that they suffered a ddos attack, well i am using cloudflares dns servers on my own pc which in effect are very good, there servers are all encrypted, i am running win 7, have found its speeded up my Internet browsers , and the cloudflare dns servers absorb all the junk which and also stops ddos attacks so i read, its easy to change dns in your windows settings very simple, but to be honest, sl still runs the same, but for browsing the web its great its uped my speed to what it should be not like my normal ip providers own dns servers and cloud flare also has a privacy policy what deletes any data within 24 hours , they have had audits to prove it there is more info on youtube about it, its a new service and free to use, so the question is why cant sl do something along those lines, maby it could be a cure for lag, would like to see what some of you think about this,  cheers all

On 6/1/2018 at 3:42 PM, binder59 said:

hi all i recently read on sls info page that they suffered a ddos attack, well i am using cloudflares dns servers on my own pc which in effect are very good, there servers are all encrypted, i am running win 7, have found its speeded up my Internet browsers , and the cloudflare dns servers absorb all the junk which and also stops ddos attacks so i read, its easy to change dns in your windows settings very simple, but to be honest, sl still runs the same, but for browsing the web its great its uped my speed to what it should be not like my normal ip providers own dns servers and cloud flare also has a privacy policy what deletes any data within 24 hours , they have had audits to prove it there is more info on youtube about it, its a new service and free to use, so the question is why cant sl do something along those lines, maby it could be a cure for lag, would like to see what some of you think about this,  cheers all

1. Cloudflare is not a new service, it has been around since 2009

2. If you want to learn about how the SL Servers work and how they are connected to,  try some of these links

• Like 2

On 6/3/2018 at 4:15 AM, nolanperry123456 said:

1. Cloudflare is not a new service, it has been around since 2009

2. If you want to learn about how the SL Servers work and how they are connected to,  try some of these links

no i ment the dns service i know cloudflare have been around, dont think many knew about the dns service i only found out after looking on you tube

Yeah it wont cure lag...  Lag is typically your own connection and your own hardware. LL runs equipment that is less than 2 years old, they have their own fiber ring and use Level3 as their backhaul,  Server side lag people still complain about, but actually server side lag has not really been a thing in years.  it's people still trying to do SL on laptops/netbooks/10 year old pc hardware that complain about lag.    if you build out a system (pc) that can run sl and than setup sl to run without issue (easy) then there is no lag,  I do not experience it, even in crowded sims, I can still get 40fps easily.   low draw, NO shadows (why is this even a thing in sl, as unoptimized as textures and other content is, it just adds to lag people get...)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (3299.99 MHz)
Memory: 32679 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17134)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 980/PCIe/SSE2

3 year old hardware that, has zero issues with VR/SL

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 11:57 PM, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Yeah it wont cure lag...  Lag is typically your own connection and your own hardware. LL runs equipment that is less than 2 years old, they have their own fiber ring and use Level3 as their backhaul,  Server side lag people still complain about, but actually server side lag has not really been a thing in years.  it's people still trying to do SL on laptops/netbooks/10 year old pc hardware that complain about lag.    if you build out a system (pc) that can run sl and than setup sl to run without issue (easy) then there is no lag,  I do not experience it, even in crowded sims, I can still get 40fps easily.   low draw, NO shadows (why is this even a thing in sl, as unoptimized as textures and other content is, it just adds to lag people get...)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (3299.99 MHz)
Memory: 32679 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 17134)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 980/PCIe/SSE2

3 year old hardware that, has zero issues with VR/SL

very true indeed i agree,  and thank you for your specs looks a great system you have, i will be upgrading very soon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.