Furniture Scripts Not Working

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I am really frustrated.  I buy furniture that is supposed to have working scripts but when I Rez them they do not work.  I checked my land and the land is set to allow everyone to run scripts.  When I go to Build/Scripts/ the option to select Set Srcipts To Running is not clickable.  How come?  If I have to get new script to put in my furniture, how do I do it?  I have beach chairs that work, how come the other furniture doesn’t work?

Edited by WinterLynnRaven

35 minutes ago, WinterLynnRaven said:

When I go to Build/Scripts/ the option to select Set Srcipts To Running is not clickable.  How come?  

Because the scripts are no mod. The creator should have scripted them to reset on change of owner or on rez. Unfortunately, the person who made the furniture itself may be using scripts written by someone else and may be unaware of that need.

37 minutes ago, WinterLynnRaven said:

If I have to get new script to put in my furniture, how do I do it?  

That could be difficult -- impossible if the furniture itself is no mod.  If you have mod perms, you can yank out the existing scripts and put new ones in.  The problem is, you'd have to be extremely lucky to have the new scripts set up properly for that furniture, straight out of the box. Expect to need to do a bit of configuration, or to hire someone to do it.  All in all, it would be a whole lot easier to just ask the creator to fix whatever is busted. O.o

• Like 3

There's a lot of furniture sold that isn't all that great, and there's stuff for free or for 1L$ sometimes that's awesome. It really all depends on the maker and the seller and whether they care enough for it to be worth bothering with.

Shopping for furniture is as much of a hassle in SL as it is in RL, but with patience and taking the time to try demos and so forth, you can end up with some nice things.

Bear in mind also that a lot of what is for sale has been around a while; if an ad sort of looks and feels "old", it might actually be old. Some older furniture was probably fantastic back in the day, but when it takes twenty minutes to load a thousand scripts, if all 563468 prims of it even rezz, then yeah, not good.

Be prepared to take your time and shop wisely! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2018 at 11:26 AM, WinterLynnRaven said:

Hi,

I am really frustrated.  I buy furniture that is supposed to have working scripts but when I Rez them they do not work.  I checked my land and the land is set to allow everyone to run scripts.  When I go to Build/Scripts/ the option to select Set Srcipts To Running is not clickable.  How come?  If I have to get new script to put in my furniture, how do I do it?  I have beach chairs that work, how come the other furniture doesn’t work?

Contact the seller using a notecard describing your problem and get it figured out. It's the easiest way to get to the solution.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.