Omega Applier issue

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today, I installed the Omega for my Belleza Jake, and setup the “lower” and “upper” Appliers using the UUID’s from my legacy tattoo (full perm).

Instead of working as expected, it turned my avatar full grey (first the top, then later the bottom when I tried it).

- I made sure that the Omega got the “thank you” message from the body when I installed it.

- I made sure that I modified and compiled the upper and lower appliers with my tattoo UUID’s.

1) What could have gone wrong?

2) How do you fix your avatar if this happens? Clicking on the skin textures in the Belleza hud did not fix the mesh - upper and lower stated grey. So, I re-rezzed a new Belleza and started over.

Resetting the skin quite likely didn't work, because the actual tattoo layer might still have been active and covering the whole skin.

Unless I've missed something, a full perm tattoo won't give you the UUIDs or the actual textures used for that system tattoo. So if you somehow got your UUIDs from such a system tattoo, you probably didn't get the right ones. Rather a "baked version" which doesn't really exist, so it can't be rendered and remains completely blank.

Or you simply have a copy and paste error in your applier config...

3 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Resetting the skin quite likely didn't work, because the actual tattoo layer might still have been active and covering the whole skin.

Unless I've missed something, a full perm tattoo won't give you the UUIDs or the actual textures used for that system tattoo. So if you somehow got your UUIDs from such a system tattoo, you probably didn't get the right ones. Rather a "baked version" which doesn't really exist, so it can't be rendered and remains completely blank.

Or you simply have a copy and paste error in your applier config...

So! Assuming I used the right UUID’s is it possible this just does not work with textures that are system tattoos and not “just textures”?

If you're right clicking and copying the UUID of the tattoo in your inventory, you're not actually getting the UUID of the texture used to make that tattoo but rather the UUID of the tattoo layer. If the creator gave you the UUID of the texture used to make that tattoo, then it should work to make an applier for your body.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

If you're right clicking and copying the UUID of the tattoo in your inventory, you're not actually getting the UUID of the texture used to make that tattoo but rather the UUID of the tattoo layer. If the creator gave you the UUID of the texture used to make that tattoo, then it should work to make an applier for your body.

Thanks, I will check the creator and hopefully they are still around and have the original files or..I will be paying a new artist L$10k minimum to draw my RL tats for SL!

*Edit* L$10K was 2007-2008 and my offer, not their asking price. So, this may be worth a LOT more now!

Edited by Love Zhaoying

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thanks, I will check the creator and hopefully they are still around and have the original files or..I will be paying a new artist L$10k minimum to draw my RL tats for SL!

*Edit* L$10K was 2007-2008 and my offer, not their asking price. So, this may be worth a LOT more now!

Or LESS. Prices (I know we can't really compare things equally from ten years ago but in general ) have actually come DOWN a lot. Hence creators are working harder (or at least producing more) in order to keep their income.   Even if they are around it isn't terribly likely that they still have 10 year old files unless they keep EVERYTHING and seldom change computers.  :D

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2018 at 4:36 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Clicking on the skin textures in the Belleza hud did not fix the mesh - upper and lower stated grey. 

Follow up on something that Lillith said - for the next time something like this happens.  Your HUD should have buttons for enabling/disabling the tattoo layer, along with the underwear and clothing layers.  You have to turn the applicable layer off or fully clear the layers to remove any applied layer and thus keep it from showing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Follow up on something that Lillith said - for the next time something like this happens.  Your HUD should have buttons for enabling/disabling the tattoo layer, along with the underwear and clothing layers.  You have to turn the applicable layer off or fully clear the layers to remove any applied layer and thus keep it from showing.

I tried that - next time, I will try those same buttons with a “working” tattoo. 

On 3/10/2018 at 7:41 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Follow up on your response to my response. Even if the creator has the old texture, you might want to go ahead and have a new one made. The textures we all used back then for system body were 512s .. today most textures used for tats on mesh bodies are 1024s. You'll get a much better looking tattoo with that resolution. While I totally recommend using 512s or even smaller for things like nail polish and very small pieces of applier clothing, a tattoo really needs the details specially if it's one you plan to wear on a daily basis.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Follow up on your response to my response. Even if the creator has the old texture, you might want to go ahead and have a new one made. The textures we all used back then for system body were 512s .. today most textures used for tats on mesh bodies are 1024s. You'll get a much better looking tattoo with that resolution. While I totally recommend using 512s or even smaller for things like nail polish and very small pieces of applier clothing, a tattoo really needs the details specially if it's one you plan to wear on a daily basis.

Yes, that occurred to me. Hope I can hire someone I “know” from the forums, much preferred over some unvouched-for “stranger”! Luckily, I have pictures of the RL art work and many, many pictures of the tat on my upper/lower body.

*Edit* As for “if I plan wearing on a daily basis”, I wear the RL tattoo Every.Single.Day. So yes.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.