Non-premium member house-mates

Ceja Laval

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After 11+ years I just went premium. Since I've already learned that the line about "using your tier towards rent on a private estate" is misleading and/or simply untrue, I'm now wondering about having my non-premium housemate share a Linden home. Is that possible? Or does he need to be a premium partner as well?

1 hour ago, Ceja Laval said:

After 11+ years I just went premium. Since I've already learned that the line about "using your tier towards rent on a private estate" is misleading and/or simply untrue, I'm now wondering about having my non-premium housemate share a Linden home. Is that possible? Or does he need to be a premium partner as well?

You can let anyone come live in your Linden home, Premium or not.  I'm not familiar enough with how the land set is though to know how easy it might or might not be to let them 'set home' there.

I only vaguely recall it, based on owning a Linden Home for about 2 weeks: the plot can be set to group, perhaps even deeded to a group*, so your partner should be able to rez objects.

But you might be the only one who can access the house control panel.

* see comments below ^_^

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche

19 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I only vaguely recall it, based on owning a Linden Home for about 2 weeks: the plot can be set to group, perhaps even deeded to a group, so your partner should be able to rez objects.

But you might be the only one who can access the house control panel.

Yep, mine is set to group,  the other half can rez and set home and all that but can't use the control panel.  Not that we are there often, just an escape from restarts on our sim

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ceja Laval said:

Thanks all for the help! I've "applied" for a house, and have been waiting for the email I was told to expect re its delivery. How long does this usually take?

Usually it is almost instantaneous.  Check your spam filter.  You can also go to your dashboard and you should be able to see a link directly to your house.  Click Account on the left, then Premium Membership, then Explore your Linden Home.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.