Looking to be a dancer for a club

Jixxur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm still new to SecondLife, I've only been playing for a week or maybe a little over a week. I was lucky enough to find a special someone who ended up giving me ALOT of money, or at least, alot to me. ( About 20,000 lindens.

In all of my time of playing I've just been customizing my own character and browsing the marketplace for clothes and outfits for my character to wear so I can look cute. I think I've done enough so far to be able to actually start playing and having fun. 

So that's why I'm making this post. I know I can use the search feature but I've tried and all the clubs I've found have been empty. Maybe because they are only active at certain times and I checked at a bad time maybe? I'm not sure but I think I'd have a better chance making this post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://imgur.com/a/IaYzk

Above is a link to what my character looks like and all the outfits I CURRENTLY have. I have more than enough money to buy as many outfits and accessories that I want as well. So if you're a club owner and you'd like seeing me wear a specific type of outfit, just let me know. ( I'm not sure if that's really a thing or not but whatever. )

If you'd like to meet me in person then just send me an IM. I am VERY active, as in, I'm online almost 24/7. The only times I'm not online is when I'm sleeping IRL, which is only for about 3-6 hours. Other than that, I spend all of my time on SecondLife.

I DO NOT AND WILL NOT USE VOICE CHAT. I live with my family, which consists of my 3 sisters, 1 sisters boyfriend and my mother. AND we have 4 dogs, who bark and play with each other alot. So it's pretty loud in my house most of the time. Even if I did live alone, I probably wouldn't do voice anyways to be honest, just not something I'm into. Hopefully that is not something that keeps you from letting me be apart of your club.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some IRL info that might be needed. ( maybe )

My age in SecondLife and Real Life are both 21 years old. I live in America and I am in the Eastern timezone. Timezones really don't matter to me much since I'm online all of the time I'm awake, I usually stay up for 12-15 hours and I'm on the whole time. ( Yes I know it's not good for me, please don't remind me. ) If you need to know anything else then just let me know!

Thank you very much for reading, if any of you club owners are reading this and would like to talk then please send me an IM. I will respond immediately no matter what. ♥

You can find places to dance freelance, lots of nude beaches have poles and allow any one who is a group member to dance, just show up when you want, no strings, I would start that way,get experience then move on to a club if you want.

• Like 1

Okie dokes sounds like fun. I just wanted to do it for a club, not for money really, but to meet new people and have fun. I wouldn't like to keep dancing from place to place really. But I can try doing some public ones.

Also, what do you mean by get some experience? I thought you just get on the pole and start dancing, it seems pretty easy to me. Am I missing something? I'm still trying to learn everything sorry for asking and thank you for replying!

Edited by Jixxur

8 hours ago, Jixxur said:

Also, what do you mean by get some experience? I thought you just get on the pole and start dancing, it seems pretty easy to me. Am I missing something? I'm still trying to learn everything sorry for asking and thank you for replying!

This just reiterates what Alwin said, and it's nothing against you, it's just a general thing. This is one of the biggest reasons why places don't hire people under a certain avatar age(as in, creation date). Usually it's at least 30 days, some say 60-90. It gives people time to get a bit more used to sl, learn how to do things, understand some of the learning curves often associated with sl, and just generally have more sl-centric experience under their belts, so to speak. It's actually not a bad thing, for both parties. You'll find the same at most places, not just clubs. 

To be a dancer, odds are good anywhere you go, you'll need to be part of a specific group to use the poles-if it's not a place that specifically hires you to work for them, and in *most*(not all, but definitely the vast majority), you're going to be expected to get in some level(s) of undress at any given point, and in order to get you to that level of undress, people will tip you. You need to learn how to emote back at them when they do, and even when they're not tipping. Using canned responses(like getting emotes from other people), HUDS, gestures, etc.. is well, generic, as all get out (though a lot of people do it, most can tell, lol) and most definitely not interesting to a great deal of people. So you'll be far less successful-even if your goal isn't to get tips, people simply won't be interested in even chatting with you, especially if your av is newer.  An NPC can be made to say all those same things. When you're relatively new to sl, odds are pretty good that your emoting skills, and ability to understand what people will respond to, is going to be limited. That, too, is not a slight against you, or new people in general, it's just the truth. Even if you're great at keeping a conversation going, there are expectations at most places that the interactions will be somewhat more interesting than just general banter. People can watch folks dance, clothed and otherwise, without the poles., and get the very same thing. Pole dancers, even if fully clothed, need to bring more to the table, and any place you do dance at, is going to expect that too.

That's the long version of why newer accounts have a harder time finding employment of any sort. The short version is....lack of  sl related experience. 

If you want to find places, check the employment forum, tons of clubs post there all the time. In fact, most of the posts are from clubs. I highly recommend forgoing the idea of being a dancer right away and getting more sl experience under your belt first for a bit. Just enjoy sl first, then you can go hang out at places you might want to work at, go visit clubs that have dancers, pay attention to what they're doing and whether or not they're actually getting any attention. Whatever you do, don't copy paste their emotes down on some nc or file to be used later by yourself. Develop your OWN emotes and your own verbal interactions with people, after you've got some experience being a spectator first. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Jixxur said:

In a club, you are the entertainment, you are expected to do more than just run the animation that comes with the pole. You need to be chatting in the local chat and keeping the place a fun place to be. If you have some experience doing this in a public place it might help you get a job in a club. 

One more thing 20,000L might make you feel rich, but you arn't. It is very easy to spend all that in a relatively short amount of time, and that can be very discouraging to find yourself broke after having that kind of money. You need to be careful with your spending and also think about the dancing as an income source. 

Edited by Talligurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.