any one have and idea how to upload music to SL for 2017?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

47 minutes ago, shota Guardian said:

there media on a prim i keep hearing more and more about the 10 second one tho 

It's not the easiest solution, but I think there are several existing scripts that can do a good job. It's up to you to chop the song up perfectly though, if the script is off or the music is off even a fraction of a second it can ruin the whole thing. I have several music boxes that run on such scripts, and you honestly can't tell it was constructed that way! 

There are scripts that string the music together - just edit the sounds to 10 seconds *exactly* per gidget until you complete the whole song, and make sure that the last sound bit is an exact amount of seconds if shorter than 10 (i.e. 9, 8, 7). I can make it for you, too - just shoot me a message in-world.

Edited by norajulian

A good free program for setting 10 second clips is Audicity

You can find tutorials on  it's help section and Youtube to explain on how to separate specific parts of a track into labeled (or numbers) regions (your 10 second clips). Not every one has Media active for one reason or another, so many use the music player script option generally.

Edited by Hunter Stern

It will take about 24 to 35 sound clips to make a full song. I use a programme called WinFF, it's for Linux and Windows, you can find it here: 

http://www.biggmatt.com/winff/

Make sure you save the music segments in 9 second increments (or less) sound clips as wav files, drop them in a prim and if you need a script to make them play shoot me an IM and I'm happy to give you one. I'm also happy to show you how to do it in less than a minute in world once you have the sound clips. 

Edited by WuShin
typo
  • Thanks 1

On 05/12/2017 at 5:59 PM, norajulian said:

There are scripts that string the music together - just edit the sounds to 10 seconds *exactly* per gidget until you complete the whole song, and make sure that the last sound bit is an exact amount of seconds if shorter than 10 (i.e. 9, 8, 7). I can make it for you, too - just shoot me a message in-world.

Daw thank you!!! I will send you and IM when i get home ;v;

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.