LL is sitting on a gold mine

BilliJo Aldrin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, greek Wingtips said:

I not sure how much abandoned land there is but LL need to look at retaining the existing landowners and either reduce the Tier prices or give more land for the same price, as it stands global recession is having to make choices on what to cut down and what is a necessity or not in life.

This helps LL how? Say LL doubled the tier you get for the price you pay. This means some users may buy more land because they now have the extra tier for it. It also means all the people who already have their land, they have built what they ant to build and they have been living there for awhile can now pay half as much for the land they own.

It seems more likely for people to pay the lower tier fees causing LL to lose half the income from these people. Sure it might convince some people to actually start paying tier but the losses from people now paying less would be too great.

I know for sure if LL suddenly gave me more tier for my $ I would start paying a lower bracket because I have the land I want and that's all I want.

47 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

You make no sense in your reply, try expanding what you're saying so I can engage a debate with you. I'm not versed in morse code. 

I believe what Pharhelion means is there is no GLOBAL recession. No debate required, neither is knowledge of morse code. 

• Like 1

I've always had excellent experiences with land and the Lindens - Guy Linden specifically. Over time, he realised that I always bought any parcels that came up for sale in the sim, and he ended up setting newly abandoned parcels for sale to me, without even a mention between us. Top guy is Guy :)

• Like 1

On 25/11/2017 at 8:22 PM, Phil Deakins said:

I've always had excellent experiences with land and the Lindens - Guy Linden specifically. Over time, he realised that I always bought any parcels that came up for sale in the sim, and he ended up setting newly abandoned parcels for sale to me, without even a mention between us. Top guy is Guy :)

I've put in 5 requests to buy abandoned parcels over the last few days. 2 were picked up by guy and declined for direct sale (one of which I was expecting to be declined, the other I wasn't) and the 3 picked up by someone else were all approved. I guess guy hates me.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

My experiences with Guy is that he does stick to the rules, one of which is, you can buy a parcel if you already own 3 sides of it, but not if you only own 2 or less sides. Maybe that's the reason.

Well the one I didn't expect to get was because I dont own any land in the region. The one I was hoping to get I've owned land in the region since I made this account. It's where I have requested land before and been disappointed. He wants to join it to the rest of the region and put it up for sale or auction so I said to put it up for auction and hopefully I can trade/buy it from whoever wins the auction. 

Last year I bought a couple of bits of land abandoned next to my parcel. I only owned one adjoining border, so 1 side, not 3.  And there was no fuss, I made the requests and got a just a nice polite: 'there ya go!'

Edited by anna2358

@anna2358 Perhaps their internal rules have been relaxed a lot in more recent times, due to so much abandoned land around.

@Hintswen Guardian Perhaps it was because you didn't own any of the land surrounding the parcel, and Guy thought that another owned but isolated parcel wasn't the best way of dealing with it. And maybe the parcels you got were more in keeping with their internal policies.

I've asked him for a parcel when I've only owned 2 sides, and I was refused. I think he put that one in the auction. So I know he sticks to the rules, but he's always done good for me. Top guy :)

Edited by Phil Deakins

58 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

@Hintswen Guardian Perhaps it was because you didn't own any of the land surrounding the parcel, and Guy thought that another owned but isolated parcel wasn't the best way of dealing with it. And maybe the parcels you got were more in keeping with their internal policies.

So the one I expected to get is a parcel which has been abandoned for multiple years nearby my land but not connected. It's is only connected to 1 persons land and they have no interest in the parcel. This is why I thought he would let me have it. I wanted this small parcel just to add a few prims to my area as it is pretty unlikely anyone will be able to use it anyway.

The parcels I did get, I also had no land joining them. I had another parcel in one of the 3 regions and no land in the other two so I should not have gotten any of them.

It feels like pure luck if you get the land or not, but either way I'm happy I got the first 3.

Maybe it is a bit of luck when the one making the request doesn't own any of the parcel's borders.

Land becomes abandoned in parcels, and I assume that nobody at LL takes a look at the time to see what's best to do with it. I imagine that usually the only time it's looked at is when someone wants to buy it. Then it may down to luck as to what happens when the Linden takes the rest of the abandoned land in the sim into account. Different Lindens maybe have different ideas. For example, if there had been only one or two abandoned parcels in the sim, and the rest were owned, the Linden would probably have put the requested parcel up for auction, so that you and other land owners in the sim had the opportunity to buy it.

We don't know all the internal land policies, and only you knows the situations in the sims where you requested the parcels. The rest of us can only guess.

Edited by Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.