How to Create a "Photo room"?

Dustine Underwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are so many photo systems out there and so many photographers looking for customers, that it doesn't seem to make sense to spend the massive money and time to develop your own.  But truthfully, yes, you need lots and lots of poses, and an organization setup which allows the user to find what they are looking for quickly.

If you are looking to setup a photo room where you are wanting to take pictures and then bring them into photoshop..myself i just create a room and  will have the walls all white or green or blue or red ..depending on the scene or what i am wearing to clash with and make easier to separate in photoshop..

there are lots of pose stands out there with poses in them that are mod that you can add more poses with..

mine has a hud which someone made for me a long time ago..all i do is jump on one poseball and can cycle through until i find the pose i am looking for..

if you want to make different types of lighting..you can create a small spheres and go into the build tools and under features add the power of the light and even color you want..then place those in certain spots..there are probably some lighting kits on the market for next to nothing as well..

my photo room is 32x32x32 which gives me plenty of room if i want to drop any kind of props or something i want to add to a scene..plus plenty of camera room for panning  back without running into a wall..

myself i haven't found any studios that i could buy that really give me the freedom to set up a pose and move around myself for different shots...usually they  are just a wall that will cycle through textures and seem to limit to a certain amount of space..

as far as walkthrough for making them..maybe the knowledge base may have something..Torely may as well..

This is a great device for making custom poses

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AnyPose-BVH-Pose-Stand-Now-with-AnyPose-Animator/774336

You might find some video tutorials relating to photography techniques here

http://secondlife.com/my/whatnext/video-tutorials/index.php? (there is a link to youtube from that page - Torley Linden makes some really great videos, on most aspects of SL, including some photography tips)

And you might be interested to read more over on the Art and Photography sub-forum http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Art-and-Photography/bd-p/ArtandPhotography

I'm not a great photographer, but these photos were fun to put together with the help of  the AnyPose device (link above)

Rusty asleep.jpg

Last Post.jpg

Waiting for Wilhiam.jpg

You can make a "photo room" anywhere that is build-enabled. build a plain background, add a pose stand, change the texture on the background however you like, or if you use photoshop, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, just stick with a plain background and use photoshop to work in the background later.

Ah, was going to make one for my pose set, since they are mostly up against the window/wall I was using. I wanted to make a room-prop to use them , but would it just be better for my customers to release them now as a regular pose set? im still rather curious on how to make a poseroom either way ^^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.