Could not teleport closer to destination

Trimmer Navarita

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, this is not a new topic for many here because mostly the issue is a fixed landing point, that is not an issue here because there is not a fixed landing point on the parcel.

My ALT is not the parcel owner (mainland), I am the parcel owner, but my ALT has full group rights and he's wearing the group tag. He has set Landmarks before in the parcel and they still work, but he tried today to TP with a new Landmark and got the error message 'Could not teleport closer to destination' ... He tried setting new Landmarks at different points but gets the same result ... also he is not too close to where he wants to go. Any ideas why that might be? 

4 answers to this question

This message is caused by the region/parcel teleport settings.

The behavior and labeling of the settings was recently changed. At least in the Linden Viewer. When the server side changes rolled to the grid lots of people were unintentionally blocked from regions. How much the change is affecting you... I don't know. All I can suggest is going back and rethinking your region/parcel settings for access and teleport.

4 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Is the land group owned?
Does the alt have the "Ignore landing Point" ability in the land group?

Hi Whirly .. no, the land isn’t group owned but group members can have different levels of access within it. The alt has full access and there is no fixed landing point. I’ll check that ignore landing point thing ....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.