********* has been attacking residents with debilitating viruses and for no reason attacked my avatar, rendering it useless.

ChoiceRider

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/28/2017 at 2:09 PM, cykarushb said:

SI5, lol i know who you're talking about. Honestly just ignore it, all of it, dont interact with any of it, dont even say anything about it. Been going there daily for quite some time and seen both the griefing/spam and the counter-spam that occurs. Its annoying but really you can just block most of it and you dont have to see it.

I can see just how right you are by suggesting to ignore it all. I have never before had any contact with him, and have never responded to his attacks. Instead, I've taken the advice received here and blocked and deleted every person and thing possible, that might be involved. Unfortunately, anytime I return to Social Island, my avi goes wild and this message of "A**H***!" covers the right side of my viewer.

Thanks, cykarushb

35 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

"Alt" just means an alternative avatar. To create an alt, you just go to the Second Life home page, where you created your first avatar, and create a brand new avatar. Officially you can have up to five avatar accounts per household, all registered to the same email address. That means you get the chance to create a brand new imaginative user name all over again. 

You can transfer objects/outfits/anything that is transferable (some things are "no transfer") from one avatar to another. 

There are many reasons why people have several avatars, although some people just have one avatar and stick with that one. 

I don't think you should call yourself a slow noobie; we all started somewhere, and even by the time we are 10 years old in Second Life, there is plenty that we still may not know. Example, I never learnt how to be a scripter, my building skills are very basic, and I am not up to speed on mesh avatars.

There are lots of tutorial videos on youtube, which I have always found helpful. And of course, here on the forums, any questions that you have will always be answered. 

Yes, I've been extremely impressed with the quality and outpouring of responses here. I think I'll look into this idea of creating an "alt". But how do I get back to the Second Life home page, where I can create a brand new avatar with its own unique username?

I try to be selective about what I focus on. Now I'm studying mesh shapes, skins, and appliers. The conversion rate of L$ to USD is amazing. I think its important for all noobies to understand this.

Thanks, Marigold Devin

3 minutes ago, ChoiceRider said:

Yes, I've been extremely impressed with the quality and outpouring of responses here. I think I'll look into this idea of creating an "alt". But how do I get back to the Second Life home page, where I can create a brand new avatar with its own unique username?

I try to be selective about what I focus on. Now I'm studying mesh shapes, skins, and appliers. The conversion rate of L$ to USD is amazing. I think its important for all noobies to understand this.

Thanks, Marigold Devin

https://www.secondlife.com/  will take you back to the Second Life home page, and the option to "Join Free" will be there on the left side of the page. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ChoiceRider said:

I think I'll look into this idea of creating an "alt". But how do I get back to the Second Life home page, where I can create a brand new avatar with its own unique username?

As Whirly mentioned:

55 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

If you want to create an extra account or two, just create another at https://join.secondlife.com/

Or when you are logged into 'secondlife.com', just log out and you will suddenly get a Sign Up option in the upper right corner next to the Login option.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Or when you are logged into 'secondlife.com', just log out and you will suddenly get a Sign Up option in the upper right corner next to the Login option.

That bit of info comes from experience. You've been here with me from the start.

Thanks, LittleMe Jewell

• Thanks 1

Now, I wish to provide a brief update on this string and for my many new friends, here in Second Life Forums.

While online and logged in, I keep away from Social Island. This has been a benefit in that I have begun to explore into the deeper portions of SL.

In hindsight, I've become aware that this guy causing the havoc, doesn't know if I've arrived at Social Island because I would generally land in a secluded and somewhat private area to gather my thoughts. I can't believe he sits around watching for me. Yet, within a few minutes, my avatar goes wild and the obscene message appears. Teleporting off the Island corrects this effect. So I ask you, has he embedded some script into Social Island's sim that instigates automatically upon my arriving?

Robert AKA ChoiceRider - SL resident

Your griefer may be using built-in viewer tools (that can be set to notify when anyone enters the region), or be watching the radar in the viewer, or possibly has a HUD that's set to watch for specific people entering the region.  Embedding a script into the sim is highly unlikely.

What does your avatar do when it's going wild?

Edited by Parhelion Palou
Wondering if griefer has animate permission
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Parhelion Palou said:

Your griefer may be using built-in viewer tools (that can be set to notify when anyone enters the region), or be watching the radar in the viewer, or possibly has a HUD that's set to watch for specific people entering the region.  Embedding a script into the sim is highly unlikely.

What does your avatar do when it's going wild?

My avi starts clicking and aimlessly walking/running without an active AO. This guy must have no life.

Thanks, Parhelion Palou

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.