Common Search Term Not Coming up with anything in groups.

Nitemara Daysleeper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

On Firestorm, open Search & go to the legacy Places tab, make sure A(dult) is ticked under Places.  then search BDSM in the group tab & you'll get the correct results.
I think that behaviour of needing to enabled Adult under places to see adult results under groups is probably a bug, though oddly, when Adult is unticked in legacy places search, other adult keyword searches in legacy group search do list results.

I don't really want to lift the rug on the bugginess of legacy search  :S

11 hours ago, Nitemara Daysleeper said:

So me and my friends have tried this, but when we type BDSM into the search box for groups, everything comes up not found. We tried groups we Know exist like BDSM Events, etc. So I am wondering why now groups with BDSM in the tag are not showing up?

Thanks.

Are you using a web page search or some inworld search system, do you have the right Maturity rating set on the search page, no point searching gotr G rated BDSM, you won't find much.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nitemara Daysleeper said:

when we type BDSM into the search box for groups, everything comes up not found.

But when I type BDSM in Groups, as I showed you in my post above, I get 5256 entries.  And if I type BDSM in Events, I get 123 results ...

213780d86a745333294a773ed080ae20.png

And then, if I type BDSM events in Groups, I get 18 results.....

28fa510a916b599fd9c5010bbe401bc6.png

Edited by Rolig Loon

That's not the one we're trying to use though, so repeatedly showing me that isn't answering my question. BDSM Events is the full name of the group, plus we've tried others under the Group Tab, not in the web search. We know it shows up there, we want to know why it's not working for the Group Tab. I put a picture up showing which one we're using, we just want to know why That part isn't working. 

41 minutes ago, Nitemara Daysleeper said:

That's not the one we're trying to use though, so repeatedly showing me that isn't answering my question. BDSM Events is the full name of the group, plus we've tried others under the Group Tab, not in the web search. We know it shows up there, we want to know why it's not working for the Group Tab. I put a picture up showing which one we're using, we just want to know why That part isn't working. 

Then you should make it clearer what you are looking for.  If you are looking for any groups that are BDSM groups, I have shown you how to do that. If the Firestorm version of Search is not working properly for you, then I suggest using either the standard viewer or the web search , both of which give good results.  If you are looking for a specific group named BDSM Events and not finding it, there's a very good chance that the group owners have elected to have the group not show in Search.  Groups often prefer to keep their existence private so that they are not pestered by trolls or griefers. 

If you are merely asking why the Firestorm Search gives you odd results, you may need to ask in the Firestorm group in world, or submit a JIRA report to the Firestorm JIRA .  If you do that, be sure that you include all details about your computer and its Internet connection and as much detail as possible about exactly what you have tried and what the results were.

• Like 1

On 30 September 2017 at 6:56 PM, Nitemara Daysleeper said:

This is the group search we're using inworld,

Problem explained...

Inworld search... You find the same thing if you try searching for places inworld on the landmarks panel.

Those inworld search engines are a bit... Lame.

Searching for "Lesbian BDSM" for example, will NOT bring up the same locations as searching for "BDSM Lesbian". The inworld search engines have a tendency to match the whole search phrase, in its specific word order. 

That's assuming the thing you are looking for is even flagged to show in search, which isn't automatically so.

On 30 September 2017 at 8:55 PM, Nitemara Daysleeper said:

we just want to know why That part isn't working

Because it's a sucky PoS... Sorry, thats just how the in-world searches are.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.