Am I the only one who finds it EXTREMELY difficult to navigate this site and the forums?

Love Leonoase

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have never seen a site so difficult to find anything.  It's like the Winchester House or something.

For starters, I can't even find my account, to be able to view past transactions and such.

Then, even trying to ask a question, took me like ten minutes to figure out how to do it.  Then, I'm not sure which of the rooms to place the question in, nor do I know how to find this question once I ask it, so I can even view the answers.

Maybe it's just me?

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

I agree the forum software is difficult to navigate. Nonetheless you will not find your transaction history here because this is a separate website from the main site. Click on the Second Life logo at the top of the page, it will then take you to the main site where you can click login (it will log you in automaticaly if you are logged in to the forums), and then you will find your dashboard. 

• Like 2

Hi Love,

No its not just you, the forums are quite new and still a work in progress so hopefully they will get better.

The Answers section is the correct place for asking questions. If you click your name at the top of the screen you will be able to find your recent posts and questions you have asked. To post again on one of your questions, you can use either Options > edit or "comments".

As for your dashboard, you can get to that from inworld or by going to secondlife.com and logging in (top right of screen). On the left of your dashboard are various sections, the one called Account will include things like your "Transaction History".

• Like 1

It's not hard once you get used to the layout, like any other site.

Click on the Second Life logo near the upper left corner of this page.

Click on "log in" on the next page.

Sign in with your account name and password on the next next page

The page after that is your dashboard. Your transaction history is filed under "Account."

As for deciding which categories your questions should go under, just make your best guess.  :)

• Like 1

I absolutely agree. They have made many changes for the better to this site in the past year or so, but over all its still one of the most useless websites I have ever tried to navigate. Nothing is clear, there is hardly any consistency in the navigation patterns, and trying to find one simple thing often takes me way way way longer than it ever should. More often than not, I end up going in game and asking friends and random people how to do the thing I am trying to do, which is usually faster than trying to be self sufficient on this website.

• Like 1

Exactly!!!!

Like I couldn't even find a link to post a response right here on this thread! I was hunting for about five minutes to find out how to post a response! The "comments" link is completely counter-intuitive. What, is it too hard to have a "Reply" button, like every other single forum in the world??

It's not just you, these forums and answers have been very difficult for many to get used to. In time, if you want to, you will get the feel of it. Answers is the best place to ask questions, choose the category that best fits your question, and to see your answers click on your name at the top. The little green eyeball hand logo at the top left is like the home button and from there you can navigate your way to your account, transaction history, the marketplace and anything else you may care to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.