No point

JennyGully

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, JennyGully said:

Hi anyone know where all the gay clubs are? I need a gay friend I'm open to any sexual orientation. I mean I need friends period,  but I want to be the grace to someone's will. Find me a gay husband?

I sincerely hope you're trying to troll the forum in a humorous manner with this, but in case you're not...

You specifically need a gay friend? Why? For his stereotypical sense of style? His mincing wit? His sassy cut-downs?

Permit me to rephrase your post in an attempt to nudge you gently out of your current mindset and make you look at your request in a new light. Imagine a white person saying the following:

"Hi anyone know where all the black clubs are? I need a black friend I'm open to any shade of black or brown. I mean I need friends period, but I want to be the white person to someone else's black person. Find me a black husband."

Pretty offensive, isn't it?

Friends are not accessories. You don't advertise for one of each colour/orientation/ religion, etc, so you can complete the friendship version of a charm bracelet. Friends come into your life and you love them for being friends, not for being gay or Jewish or black.

You also say that you're open to any sexual orientation, but then you state you want a "gay husband". So [insert sexual orientation here] women, sorry, but it seems that you're not required for the collection. The jury is out on whether a transman would be acceptable, I guess. Maybe he'd be a separate charm altogether on the bracelet.

Lastly, if you'd tagged this with something less offensive you might not have got at least this gay man quite as irritated by your post as he already is. Sure, some gay men don't mind the term, but many do. Just because that term is applied to women in general, that doesn't mean the root of it isn't offensive to many gay men. Just as you should leave it up to individual PoC to use and reclaim the n-word if they wish to, try leaving it up to individual members of the LGBT community to let you know if they mind you using that word.

Edited by Jagix Linden
My god, the typos. I need some coffee... O.o [MODERATOR: Edited for profanity]
  • Like 8

14 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Friends are not accessories. You don't advertise for one of each colour/orientation/ religion, etc, so you can complete the friendship version of a charm bracelet. Friends come into your life and you love them for being friends, not for being gay or Jewish or black.

This has to be read in Karen's voice.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

I sincerely hope you're trying to troll the forum in a humorous manner with this, but in case you're not...

You specifically need a gay friend? Why? For his stereotypical sense of style? His mincing wit? His sassy cut-downs?

Permit me to rephrase your post in an attempt to nudge you gently out of your current mindset and make you look at your request in a new light. Imagine a white person saying the following:

"Hi anyone know where all the black clubs are? I need a black friend I'm open to any shade of black or brown. I mean I need friends period, but I want to be the white person to someone else's black person. Find me a black husband."

Pretty offensive, isn't it?

You also say that you're open to any sexual orientation, but then you state you want a "gay husband". So [insert sexual orientation here] women, sorry, but it seems that you're not required for the collection. The jury is out on whether a transman would be acceptable, I guess. Maybe he'd be a separate charm altogether on the bracelet.

Lastly, if you'd tagged this with something less offensive you might not have got at least this gay man quite as irritated by your post as he already is. Sure, some gay men don't mind the term, but many do. Just because that term is applied to women in general, that doesn't mean the root of it isn't offensive to many gay men. Just as you should leave it up to individual PoC to use and reclaim the n-word if they wish to, try leaving it up to individual members of the LGBT community to let you know if they mind you using that word.

OK. You ll be fine

17 hours ago, JennyGully said:

Hi anyone know where all the gay clubs are? I need a gay friend I'm open to any sexual orientation. I mean I need friends period,  but I want to be the grace to someone's will. Find me a gay husband?

I don't think Friend's are accessories I'm just incredibly blunt. If my tag was offensive to any one I apologize but I don't see anything wrong with the rest of my post if you read it with out a stick up your butt .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.