Adding second owner to home

SakamakisPreciousGirl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

1 minute ago, SakamakisPreciousGirl said:

How do I give my friend permission to rez and build in my home? I cant seem to figure it out.

create a group, make a ALT co owner for emergency, NOT your friend... (will 99% sure cause drama in the future... )

Make your group the landowner, or set the land to the group

Invite your friend to the group and give the right permissions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Alwin's solution is best, especially for the long term.  However, there's an easier fix.  Go to About Land/Options tab, and for the "Build" option, check "Everyone."  Your friend will now have the ability to rez things and build on your land.  BUT! The downside is that so will everyone else.  Therefore, I mainly recommend this as a quick solution to let a friend rez a few boxes.  Use Alwin's solution of setting or deeding the land to a group as a safer permanent fix.

Here's lots more information on how to set up your parcel controls: https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/managing-your-parcel-r49/

22 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

BUT! The downside is that so will everyone else.  

That is a really serious downside, so only do it for a very short period of time while you are standing right there.  When you let everyone build on your parcel, you are creating a public sandbox.  Your friend will be able to rez stuff, and so will all of his friends, and their friends, and all sorts of griefers that you never even wanted to think about.  :S

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.