Limit Buy time to fill estimate

TheBadmagic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Was just curious about the time frame estimates, ordered in the past and always resorted to cancelling the order cause weeks pass and I'm forced to do a regular buy, this time around I went with something more reasonable, a estimate of 10 minutes to fill instead of 10 days or the likes.

Its only saving a little but, better than nothing. 

Have I any chance of seeing it filled this time? 

Edited by TheBadmagic

5 answers to this question

That time frame estimate is a moving target, based on how many orders are outstanding at this instant and what the spread between buy and sell orders is like.  It's the best guess at how long it might take your order to fill, but that guess could change a minute from now.  Place the order.  If it fills, it fills.  If not, cancel it and place a new one.

• Like 3

The current default on the Limit Buy is L$261 per US$ with an estimated time to fill of 5 days.  Just dropping that to L$260 reduces the estimated time to 10 minutes.  Personally, that's what I'd do and see how it goes.  If after whatever time you want to wait, it doesn't go through, cancel and drop it another L$.  I've almost always done my buys at L$1-2 under whatever the screen initially defaults to and have gotten the order filled within half a day tops.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

For my liking, that estimated time display is probably one of the best updates LL ever came up with. The letdown is that they also doubled the fees for any transaction, but that's a different story.

At first, I had doubts that the predicted time would be right, considering the hefty jump from 10 minutes to 3 days at the very least if you merely switch from L$ 260 to L$ 261 per dollar.
But it works.
Cool.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2017 at 9:11 AM, TheBadmagic said:

Ok, thanks all, it actually came though, it was 260 I had used and, cant have taken more than 20 minutes, so, next time I can try being a tiny bit more aggressive, still got an extra grand out of it though even at a fast rate. 

Scroll down the page and look at the pending Buy/sell orders. The buy stack this morning was L$90+ million for 261. It will take several days for that backup to process through. If you place an order for 261 you are at the end of that line. By placing a 260 order you move ahead all the 261 orders.

It is first come first served within a L$ bracket. So, theoretically your order would eventually be filled. However, I doubt a L$271 purchase will fill this year.

The L$260 bracket had 15,000 pending this morning. Now that is gone. Check it each hour and see how the numbers change. Earlier it was sell @ L$250 with L$82 million pending and buy @ L$260 with L$92 million pending. Now it is sell @ L$251 with L$1.5 million pending and buy @ L$261 with L$96 million pending. Not many sellers are going for that L$261. So, it will take some time.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
Corrected Number

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.