Land Purchase vs Rent Inquiry

Krash Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello to all you potentional "redone question" responders.

I know this type of question has likely been asked in the past but digging through the forum for some sort of answer to my question is something I'd rather try not to do unless I have to seeing as I've had an issue finding a specific answer to my question, besides I know you guys want to prove your brainpowers here ha-ha

I currently own a hangout/club. It's on a 4096m parcel, and my personal desire to upgrade to something the size of a 1/4 sim or slightly larger dependent on the tier size I'd be in etc etc.

I have bought land from LL before, and I had no issue with paying the tier although I was surprised I had to (wasn't well educated when I purchased it before)
I was just curious what you guys think is the best route as far as purchasing/renting land goes

Thanks in advance!

Initial thoughts right off the bat -- Purchasing Mainland means that you might end up with who knows what sort of crap built next door.  By the same token, if you rent mainland or buy estate land (which is still really renting), anythng can happen to the owner and basically you get the rug pulled out from under you.  

• Like 1

If you are going to have a club, and you have the funds or some reasonable expectation of covering tier through sub-rentals to vendors or whatever, then buy all means by the land if you can. Really buy, as distinct from "rent" from an island owner. The reason is that with a club, you need to fully control the land in every way.

This is the reason I refuse to rent to clubs. They are magnets for griefers and even further sub-lets and demands for the group and extra powers etc constantly so I crossed it off my list. You as a club owner need to own the land too.

If you go on the Mainland and you are a club, you can BE the crap next door, think Walt in Breaking Bad.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

It will be difficult to find private land (islands) that will be willing to rent to a club. It is even hard to find ones willing to rent to regular businesses.  So mainland is likely going to be your best bet.  Some mainland landlords will rent to clubs (mine I believe does) and it is cheaper than owning and paying tier (hence I rent).  BUT, that being said if money isn't a big deal then I would likely go with buying. With a quarter of a sim you will still have neighbors but you can insulate yourself somewhat and be in the sky if needed. 

The last thing I want to live beside on mainland is an active club. 

They can easily max out sim access, especially if they do the usual trick of having 20 avis parked up in the sky somewhere to boost traffic. 

But, since the OP will BE the problem everyone else should avoid, its not a problem for him.

:)

On 7/8/2017 at 4:18 AM, Krash1989 said:

Hello to all you potentional "redone question" responders.

I know this type of question has likely been asked in the past but digging through the forum for some sort of answer to my question is something I'd rather try not to do unless I have to seeing as I've had an issue finding a specific answer to my question, besides I know you guys want to prove your brainpowers here ha-ha

I currently own a hangout/club. It's on a 4096m parcel, and my personal desire to upgrade to something the size of a 1/4 sim or slightly larger dependent on the tier size I'd be in etc etc.

I have bought land from LL before, and I had no issue with paying the tier although I was surprised I had to (wasn't well educated when I purchased it before)
I was just curious what you guys think is the best route as far as purchasing/renting land goes

Thanks in advance!

Pack your group with your alts, sub them all to premium and donate their 512. Group holding creates 10% bonus holding power, selling their sitpend at end of cycle will recoup 90-95% of the cost.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.