Does anyone know a good scripting tutor for lsl?

SupaDupaTroopa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I been looking at the wiki page for LSL but i feel like it is not helping and I was curious if someone know a better website that taught it.
I know how to do python and i know a little Java but not that much I read on the wiki page that LSL is the same like java and C.
Please help me I really wanna learn LSL. 

You can visit the College of Scripting, Music, and (something else I forget at the moment) in world and work laboriously through their excellent tutorials and examples.  If you have any prior experience with computer languages, though, I doubt that you'll need to spend a lot of time with tutorials. You may be able to get by with spending a couple of hours with very basic tutorials in the LSL portal to get a feel for how LSL's state/event  structure works.  Most of us have learned LSL by examining working scripts -- the examples in the LSL wiki are a good start -- and by experimenting.  The wiki is our source for information about syntax and usage.  Frankly, even after 10 years here, I never trust myself to remember the correct syntax for most functions other than the ones I use most heavily, so I keep the wiki open on my desktop while I write scripts, as a reference. 

Your other valuable resource is this forum.  Many (most?) of the good scripters in SL have learned at least some of their tricks by posing questions or debating approaches here.  We'll rarely write complete scripts for people who post here, but we'll often post snippets of code or point to working scripts that you can dissect.

3 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

You can visit the College of Scripting, Music, and (something else I forget at the moment) in world and work laboriously through their excellent tutorials and examples.

It seems to have closed. If it has moved, no links including the destination guide have been updated.

You can search for "script" in your client's search bar, and choose 'groups' to see all the scripting groups,

also, NCI (New Citizens Inc) has classes for building and scripting...

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kuula/66/169/28

type this in your chatbar to view the NCI group ( free to join)

secondlife:///app/group/a053573f-e2b3-ccb0-954a-177ad62e4d37/about

Edited by Xiija

If you do Java n Python both and the wiki isn't helping you, I'm afraid you might just have to do it the hard way and make a pieces-parts frankenscript project out of stuff that already exists. Make sure at least half of it involves things totally unrelated to anything you've ever heard of before while coding.

It probably won't compile the first dozen or so times, and when it finally does it'll probably sound off klaxons and do anything but what you try to get it to do, but it's a great beginner's introduction to LSL. When you finally slay the beast you've created and whittled it into a handy kazoo or a toilet flusher, you will be ready for anything.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.