Any other visually impaired SLers around?

Destiny Marques

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a form of color blindness where the red cornea are muted.  Reds are dark and seldom come through on mixed colors; purple looks blue, stuff like that.  I also wear contacts to correct my OLV (old lady vision)

If you are going to have a disability I strongly suggest being color blind.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I have a form of color blindness where the red cornea are muted.  Reds are dark and seldom come through on mixed colors; purple looks blue, stuff like that.  I also wear contacts to correct my OLV (old lady vision)

If you are going to have a disability I strongly suggest being color blind.

I'm colorblind also. Lol If you ever came across me inworld, I'd typically be dressed in all black or monochromes, because color matching is not my strong suit. I found out I was colorblind (in conjunction with having other visual impairments) while in college. This diagnosis came years after all of my friends and family had been teasing me for years about my color combination choices. Which would make sense I suppose, since my dad and younger brother are both colorblind as well. It tends to be extremely rare in girls, but you and I are two of the rare ones I guess. :D

P.S. Oh, and I forgot to add that trying to match the skintone of my mesh ears to that of my body is a nightmare! I generally have to employ the help of my friends to get the job done.

Edited by Kristen Beornssen
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kristen Beornssen said:

It tends to be extremely rare in girls, but you and I are two of the rare ones I guess.

Yeah.  Fun with genetics.

My son was born from another female.  My daughter is only a carrier.

My mother was a carrier and my father HAD to be colorblind although he never admitted it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Yeah.  Fun with genetics.

My son was born from another female.  My daughter is only a carrier.

My mother was a carrier and my father HAD to be colorblind although he never admitted it.

Genetics, gotta luv'em!

I don't think my mom ever realized she was a carrier until after I was diagnosed. My dad always knew he was colorblind, and my younger brother found out about his shortly after mine was discovered.

I have a condition called Blepharospasm, combined with extreme light sensitivity.  The light sensitivity part affects my SL more than the other since it causes me to wear dark glasses sometimes - which of course makes some locations in SL a bit difficult to see in.  The Bleph causes more RL issues than SL ones.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2518 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.