What happened to the MP sys admins?

Arduenn Schwartzman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all. Whenever I would receive a review on MP that was against the ToS or otherwise unreasonable, I would flag it, and concisely explain the reason for flagging it in a comment below the review. MP sys admins would then remove the review diligently, within 1 to 3 days, in 95% of the cases. For years.

As of late, this has stopped almost completely. Over the past half year, my MP store has collected several unreasonable reviews, that I routinely flagged and annotated with a similar standard as I have used previously. However, they are no longer removed.

To give you an idea: the 'bad', mostly 1 star-rated, reviews include "I did not receive my item", and various blatantly false claims by the reviewer about things like land impact or functionality that I have to debunk by adding links to screen shots and videos.

Did LL change their MP admin policies? Did they cut down on MP admin staff? Am I missing something?

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman

7 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

To give you an idea: the 'bad', mostly 1 star-rated, reviews include "I did not receive my item"

Am I missing something?

Somebody is missing something, that's for sure but I don't think it's you ;)

From the Product Lisings Reviews FAQ posted at this forum only a month ago:

Unfortunately, regardless if your review comments are positive or negative, there are some no-no's that will result in your review being removed from an item listing.

• Reporting issues that are outside of the control of the seller or are known issues.
    • Failed Deliveries, Lost In-World Inventory 
    • Re-sized Mesh Land Impact.
    • Reporting issues already detailed in the Product Listing.

Source:

I have a "failed delivery" review that I flagged a couple of weeks ago, was not removed. Actually the buyer -- of a copyable house -- had IMed me previously and said he had bought the house for a friend, but the marketplace mistakenly delivered it to him (In the review he said the friend bought it for him but it was never delivered.) 

44 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Ping for @Dakota Linden

Nice trick, I have to remember that one! :D

But this is getting tedious. This post by Dakota is less than two weeks old:

I am absolutely sure that the people at Linden Commerce are doing their best but that doesn't help when their best isn't good enough.

What will happen when Dakota reads this, is that some Lindens will have to spend a lot of time clearing up the specific cases mentioned and then it's back to SNAFU. What LL really needs to do is improve their routines for MP so they will be able to perform consistently at an acceptable level. When is that going to happen?

Until then, Dakota - I've told you this before but it seems I have to repeat it: don't make promises you can't keep. Good itnentions are not enough, you need to show results too.

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

It is really very rare for me that these don't get removed within a couple of days. 

That's good to hear but it's still a question of consitency.

Of course, we have to take Arduenn's word for what happened in this particular case but... well, his word does count for a lot. He knows the drill and he's not the kind of person who complains all the time.

I am not saying he is making it up. He says "as of late". I haven't had many reviews of any kind as of late, but among them was this one that did not get removed, so the problem seems to be restricted to recently. 

I am confirming his claim that the problem is recent.

• Moderators

Greetings All!  

If you have flagged a review that was not removed, please submit a Support Case with the link to the review itself and we will be happy look at the review again.

Linden Lab does not use an automated system when addressing reports on items or reviews.  Reports are reviewed by a human, and as we all know, humans can, and do, make mistakes, or may miss something.

The best way to ensure that reported reviews are being handled correctly is to ask why a review was, or was not, removed from a product listing.

As my dear departed mom used to say, "You will catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".  So I ask that when contacting Customer Support to ask about why a review was, or was not, removed, please be civil.

If you flagged a review from a buyer who reported a failed delivery and it was not removed, something like this will be most effective:

"I flagged a review a week ago from a buyer who said they never got the item.  I am wondering why the review was not removed when sellers have no control over the delivery of the items?   REVIEW LINK"

This will allow the Customer Support agent to immediately understand the issue that you are reporting to us, and will provide a link directly to the review in question, so that we can pull it up in the system, without having to try to search through our Reporting Tool to try to find your original flag report.

Thank you!

Edited by Dakota Linden
  • Like 3

@Dakota linden I did that, in reference to a review about an alleged delivery problem and got this reply:

"We have reviewed the listing you mentioned and we did not find any violations to the listing guidelines or rules. If you are unaware of what those guidelines are, you can read more about them are here:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/405903-product-listing-reviews-faq-guide/

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact us again."

Edited by Pamela Galli

36 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I did that, in reference to a review about an alleged delivery problem and got this reply:

1. Reopen the case
  2. Thank them nicely for the link to the faq/guide but make sure to tell them you are already familiar with it
  3. Quote the relevant part of the faq/guide
  4. Refer to this thread

Let's see if that works.

The key phrase here is reopen the case. If the first response isn't satosfactory, try again.

And again

and again

and...

Edit: In case somebody misunderstands: no, I do not suggest you should keep nagging them until you get what you want, that would be rude. But don't give up until you have a proper answer. In a failed delivery review case that means either that they agree to remove the review or explain to you why they think it is your responsibility even though the guide they refer to clearly states it isn't.

Edited by ChinRey
Adding a disclaimer
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I did as suggested and got an email saying thank you for the "additional information" (quoting from Dakota's sticky that they had linked re delivery problems) and they removed the review.

Yay!  Dakota rocks <3

• Like 3

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I did as suggested and got an email saying thank you for the "additional information" (quoting from Dakota's sticky that they had linked re delivery problems) and they removed the review.

Hi Pamela,

I am glad to hear that the issue was resolved and the review was removed. 

As I am sure you know, I didn't learn everything in a day, and the other Linden employees who are now working with Marketplace Cases and such may also still be learning as well. :)

As I stated in my previous post, if you are unsure about why a review was, or was not, removed, please feel free to ask.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dakota Linden said:

Hi Pamela,

I am glad to hear that the issue was resolved and the review was removed. 

As I am sure you know, I didn't learn everything in a day, and the other Linden employees who are now working with Marketplace Cases and such may also still be learning as well. :)

As I stated in my previous post, if you are unsure about why a review was, or was not, removed, please feel free to ask.  

What was ironic, sort of, is that they linked a sticky they had not read very carefully, as proof that the review was not a violation.

that may explain why the OP has had the problem.

(Ignore this post - I was trying to correct a typo in an older post and for some reason the forum added the corrected verion as a new post instead)

Edited by ChinRey
Removing post

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.