Tried to buy on marketplace, lindens taken but did not receive product!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Laurel Bradders said:

I tried to purchase on Marketplace. I tried twice to buy an AO which costs $500 but it says nothing was purchased. So now  I am out of $1000?

firstly... as you can see this forum section is feedback about the forum itself..... not complaints about MP, you will get more responses when a post is in the right section.

If you payd twice 500 yes you'r out of 1000,  assuming you don't just put a statement here about loosing 1000 linden... but want some explanation  :)

when it takes money first and not get it, you should contact LL (deliveries are LL responsibility) and not buy it again, with the risk it happens again.

Try a relog first, and use search in your inventory, it might be there. If not, contact support.

secondly ask yourself ...... buy AO's on mp... you never know what you get, unless you'r very sure about the seller.....

always do such things inworld and TRY it to prevent disapointing results, otherwise it will be trashed money anyway.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

firstly... as you can see this forum section is feedback about the forum itself..... not complaints about MP, you will get more responses when a post is in the right section.

If you payd twice 500 yes you'r out of 1000,  assuming you don't just put a statement here about loosing 1000 linden... but want some explanation  :)

when it takes money first and not get it, you should contact LL (deliveries are LL responsibility) and not buy it again, with the risk it happens again.

Try a relog first, and use search in your inventory, it might be there. If not, contact support.

secondly ask yourself ...... buy AO's on mp... you never know what you get, unless you'r very sure about the seller.....

always do such things inworld and TRY it to prevent disapointing results, otherwise it will be trashed money anyway.

Unreceived and accidentally discarded items

Has it been more than 24 hours since you ordered? If so, contact the merchant, explain what happened, and politely request redelivery of the item. If it has been less than 24 hours, please be patient and check again later. If the merchant doesn't respond, you can submit a support case requesting redelivery. Make sure to include the order number and the exact name of the undelivered item(s).

KBnote.png Note: If an item purchased on the Marketplace using PayPal or a credit card is not successfully delivered to you, the credit or debit will not appear in your transaction history, and the merchant will have no record of the purchase. Simply try to purchase the item again.

If you accidentally discard an item, contact the merchant, explain what happened, and politely request redelivery of the item. Often the merchant will understand and redeliver, especially if the item in question isn't  "no-copy." Unfortunately, Marketplace deliveries, unlike items sent manually from another avatar, are completely discarded and can't be retrieved from the Trash.

I was about to come back and post that, @Ansiri! I wanted to take a screenshot of how to access one's order history on the Marketplace website, since that normally tells you when a purchase delivery has failed or is in-progress, and I found that the Order History link doesn't work. Clearly it's been temporarily taken down while they work on this issue, otherwise they'd be flooded with re-delivery requests.

@Laurel Bradders - Hang fire on doing anything and keep checking the status link that Ansiri posted above. Once the all-clear is given on that page, log into Marketplace, click the downward-facing arrow beside 'My Marketplace' at the top of the page, then go to My Account > Order History. That will tell you whether the delivery failed (which is most likely the case, due to the current issue). Failed deliveries will initially take the money from your account, but it will re-appear in your balance after a certain length of time, so you shouldn't be out-of-pocket. Usually it can take anything up to eight hours for the money to reappear, but because of these current issues I'd wait 24 hours.

If the delivery isn't listed as failed, it still won't show up in your inventory for quite some time, as there will be a backlog of deliveries for the servers to work through. Finally, if you do eventually receive two copies of the same AO and were charged for both of them, that is then the time to contact the merchant inworld and give them the details of both transactions (copied from that order history page), mentioning that the Marketplace issues were probably the cause of it. The merchant should then refund you the cost of the duplicate purchase.

In the meantime, as @Alwin Alcott mentioned, it's always best to try AOs out for yourself. If the merchant has an inworld shop, go there and use the demo stand for the AO you want. It's impossible to see what animations look like just from images on a website (unless the merchant has included GIF files of each animation).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.