Resell non-full perm + Comission

Amoralie Triellis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! I create full perm templates, and want to be able to give my templates out for free. However do want to get get a % profit when someone sells it in their own store with their own texture. Ideally, I'd like the item to NOT be full perm with a script inside that lets it be resold & gives me commission. But I'm not sure if this is possible.

Any ideas? I am willing to pay for custom scripting if this seems up your alley. However if it is a simple fix I'd love to hear up front :)

Maybe a way... The free version of caspervend takes a % of people's sales. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CasperVend-FREE-Networked-vending-system-Fast-reliable-networked-delivery-full-transaction-tracking/1394191

Edited by Amoralie Triellis

This is not the place to be asking for someone to write a custom script.  That's the InWorld Employment forum.  ;)

What you're asking for, though, is impossible.  Permissions apply to the new owner, but you can't do a thing about what happens after that.  If you sell a full perm template, the next owner can choose to make her textured product no mod or whatever, but you can't require her to package your profit-sharing script in it.  You only have control over your template, after all, not her product.  Split-profit vendors like the one you linked to in your post are very common (you'll find a simple, free one in the LSL Library here), but that's something for the merchant to use at her own option, not yours.

• Like 2

There have been platforms in the past that used this method for mesh, animations, scripts etc and I thought it worked very well for both the person using the "template" and the ones making it. It sounded at one point (not there, don't really know) that they were considering that method or option in Sansar -- but we will have to wait awhile to find that out. 

While you COULD have an end user license with that requirement it would totally be a trust thing and likely not too practical. The method I talked about above was at the SERVER level and nothing a seller did to the product other than setting the percentage in the market listing. 

13 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

There have been platforms in the past that used this method for mesh, animations, scripts etc and I thought it worked very well for both the person using the "template" and the ones making it. It sounded at one point (not there, don't really know) that they were considering that method or option in Sansar -- but we will have to wait awhile to find that out. 

While you COULD have an end user license with that requirement it would totally be a trust thing and likely not too practical. The method I talked about above was at the SERVER level and nothing a seller did to the product other than setting the percentage in the market listing. 

I would be interested in building this at the server level. Do you have examples of past platforms that I might use as an example for a developer? Thank you so much for your reply!

2 hours ago, Amoralie Triellis said:

I would be interested in building this at the server level. Do you have examples of past platforms that I might use as an example for a developer? Thank you so much for your reply!

Cloud Party was the one that I was most involved in. I think there are others but someone that is working in them would need to let you know about those. The system worked very well in Cloud Party which had some amazing tech (browser based virtual world much like SL but with plenty of differences too). 

They closed after being bought out by Yahoo. Alas :D.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2546 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.