Selling things/ Classified section on this forum?

Gayngel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

No but there should be a section where we can advertise what we're selling inworld or on the MP. People are advertising selling land on here so why not items too?

Edited by Gayngel

4 minutes ago, Gayngel said:

so why not items too?

I guess you'd have to ask LL that. 

My guess about why there is a place here for land is because land is typicaly not sold in inworld stores, nor on the MP, so other than the inworld search / classifieds, they have no place else to sell it.

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I guess you'd have to ask LL that. 

My guess about why there is a place here for land is because land is typicaly not sold in inworld stores, nor on the MP, so other than the inworld search / classifieds, they have no place else to sell it.

There are tons of listings on the Mp for land sales. http://bit.ly/2qtp1X4'\

A lot of this forum is basically classifieds (jobs, land, scripts, venues, events) so it's only fair that anyone selling something should be able to have a section on here to advertise.

Edited by Gayngel

Hmm, you're right.  I didn't realize there was a Real Estate category on the MP.

I don't know that I'd put jobs, venues, events in the same category as selling an item.  Scripts, yes, that is a regular sellable item.

I'd suggest you open a topic in the Forum Feedback section then. LL has been monitoring that section, though they don't necessarily respond to everything, especially if it doesn't draw a lot of comments.  https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/314-forums-feedback/ 

16 minutes ago, Gayngel said:

No but there should be a section where we can advertise what we're selling inworld or on the MP. People are advertising selling land on here so why not items too?

The Community Guidelines say that

• No advertising or promotion of specific Second Life merchants, Marketplace listings, products, or services, unless the forum area is specifically for the buying or selling of Second Life products or services, for example, a “for sale” or “wanted” forum. Do not reference other websites offering any product or service.
Note: It is OK to have a signature line with a link to your Second Life profile or information about your Second Life business.

which of course does leave the door open for a "sales" forum if LL wanted to do that.  My guess -- purely a guess -- is that they don't want the forums to turn into yet another market, since we have plenty of other ways to sell things.  Many creators do use the forum signature line to point people an in-world or MP shop, or post services like scripting -- as you do -- in the InWorld Employment forum.

• Like 1

@Rolig:  Seconded.

Besides, if people sold stuff on the forums instead of on the Marketplace, LL wouldn't get their 5% commission!

@gayngel:  Your best bet is to put your items in a Marketplace store (it's free; you're only charged a commission when something sells.)  Then include a link to your Marketplace store in your in-world Profile, and in your forum signature.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.