ZebMachine

Zennessa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What is a ZebMachine? Last night there was a man at the end of the abandoned beach that abuts mine and next to him was a blueish green flashing light and he was there for sometime before i finally logged off to go to bed, i have no idea how long after. When i checked today he was gone, but the blue flashing light still remains and when i right click it in the right spot the only option i get is to "mute owner" and once muted (blocked) i can check profile and it says "ZebMachine". What is this and how do i get rid of it? 

Thank you kindly in advance.

7 answers to this question

If you use your Search function or look in Marketplace, you will discover that the SL resident named ZebMachine has a MP store called ZebMarket.  If the object that he left on the beach is on your land, you can return it.  If it's not, just ignore it.  If it is really annoying, you can submit an Abuse Report, claiming that it is a public nuisance.

• Like 3

If it's on abandoned land, you could try to file an abuse report. Rezzing on abandoned land isn't really supposed to be possible but sometimes the land settings are wrong and when that happens, LL is only happy to hear about it and fix it.

• Like 1

And if it's not on your own land, and not on public land, you can find the owner of the land by right clicking the ground and choosing About Land.  Then send them a polite IM telling them about the annoying object someone left there.  They will probably come and remove it...but it might be a while before they do.

If you get tired of waiting, and you use the Firestorm viewer, you can right click the offending object and De-Render it.  It will still be there, but at least you won't have to look at it.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the responses ladies. It is on abandoned land and it's still there. It's just so weird because the guy that was standing there for quite awhile was not Zebmachine resident, he had a totally different name but had a blue light flashing next to him. The next day when he was gone the blue flashing light was still there and it's under water, so i went under the water, and found the source of where the light was coming from (there's no visible object to the eye, i clicked the very corner of the abandoned property) and when i right clicked the only option i had was to mute owner (no return no report, etc). Once i muted owner i was able to view profile and saw it said Zebmachine. I too searched the mp for it and saw the store and such so i thought maybe it was some type of object (from the store) placed there for who knows what reason. So maybe the guy i seen there placed an object from ZebMachine's store there I guess. Anyway, it all just seemed weird. I reported it so i guess we'll see if it's eventually removed. 

Hello, what a surprise to find such a topic with my name !

One year after I don't know where that was, but I can say I love particle effects, and often wear object with  llParticleSystem in state entry, that produce effect when arriving somewhere....

Those pictures show something like a colour I use.... But maybe a bug, as SL have many..... I've already seen persistent particles before deleting containing object....

By the way before reporting  or suspecting bad intentions, I think trying to talk to concerned people should be better, at least for some explanations ;p 

No need to exhume the dead, Zeb.

necropost.png.de771a9dae5d4f6599c6b43e69e60b51.png

For the benefit of our readers, though:

People leave stuff lying around in Second Life all the time.  Rarely, it's a deliberate act, and then we call it "griefing".  Much more often, it's simple carelessness.  And sometimes (usually with vehicles), it's inadvertent, when a boat or a plane gets stuck on a region crossing, or hung up in ban lines.

You can keep stuff from cluttering up land you own, by restricting object rezzing to yourself or to a particular group.  If necessary, you can also restrict "object entry" to keep things from coming in from outside your parcel boundaries. 

You can also set an autoreturn feature on your land that will automatically return things to their owners after a set period of time.  Be cautious about this one, it's easy to have things removed that you would rather remain in place.

And you can manually return objects.  In the Objects tab of About Land, click the circular Refresh button.  A list of all the owners of objects that are on your parcel will appear.  You can highlight a name and return all their stuff in a lump.

For objects that are on land you DON'T own, you still have some options.  Some viewers like Firestorm have a de-render feature that will make that ugly whatever-it-is disappear, at least from your own view.  You can send an IM or a notecard to the land owner and let them know someone left trash on their land (give the coordinates).  If it is Linden-owned land, you can submit a Support Case or if you are a Premium member, use Live Chat.

Another thing you can do is find the object owner and contact them, as Zeb suggests.  Right click the object, select Object Profile (or for the Firestorm viewer, More/Inspect).  In the window that opens, you will see both the object's current owner, and its creator.  The creator is likely who the thing was bought from (in this case, ZebMachine.)  The creator is not responsible for the object being left there!  The person you want to contact is the current owner.  I have had very good luck using this method in getting stray boats and planes removed from neighboring parcels.  Landmark the location of the object and include that landmark in your message to the owner.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.