How do I delete my Marketplace store?

Esmeraldazs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How do I delete my Marketplace store? I accidently clicked yes when I meant to click Cancel now its taken linden away from me I had before which is totally fine but I don't want the store.

I have nothing listed as I don't know how to do any of that and don't really want to.

So my question is How do i delete it so I won't have a charge from it?

Unless something has changed once you create a store you cannot just simply delete it. The only time you should incur a fee from the marketplace would be if you made a purchase, sold an item, or if you had purchased a listing enhancement. If you did a balance swap that would also alter your available balance.

To gain some clarity, I'd suggest looking through your general account history and see if any fees were deducted and if so for what.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Glad the marketplace is not taking lindens from you but I think it is wrong for second life to refuse to allow anyone to be able to close down a marketplace store. Why would Linden force someone to keep an empty store open with no merchandise for sale, even when that person who created it has no interest in it any longer and just wants to close it down and move on? Why instead  is linden llabs forcing them to be trapped with it associated with their sl names the rest of their sl lives,? 

Edited by Elinah Iredell

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

At least you can deactivate listings so all that's left is the banner.  No one would even know what you sold, if you don't want to be associated with it. 

I just do not think that is the same as being able to close it down completely and move on.   Especially if you put a lot of time and attention into it and the listings could still be reactivated. It is like it all is still there waiting to be re activated again.The store is still partly open and hanging on .  It feels like Linden will not allow ahyone to let it go. I think someone thinking of opening up a marketplace store needs to know that. 

2 hours ago, Elinah Iredell said:

I just do not think that is the same as being able to close it down completely and move on.   

2 hours ago, Elinah Iredell said:

I think it is almost exactly the same. If you delete all your inventory then all that's left of your store is a banner.  The banner is the only difference between current situation and what you propose. 

On 9/17/2017 at 9:07 PM, Pamela Galli said:

I think it is almost exactly the same. If you delete all your inventory then all that's left of your store is a banner.  The banner is the only difference between current situation and what you propose. 

Well the problem for me was creating things was taking up too much of my time and I had other things in real life that were not getting done and as long as the store was still there I was tempted to go back to it and create again. It was hard . I contacted second life support and told them my problem so they disabled my store for me so I cant sell anything on it now. Now I can focus on things in my real life that were not getting done. It was nice having a store but I have to move on now deleting it permanently for me was the best way to cut the cord emotionally from my store . 

Edited by Elinah Iredell
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.