Disappearing Furniture-HELP!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some of the furniture in my house is owned by a former roommate who last logged on over three years ago. Yesterday, I noticed that it had all disappeared. When I investigated, I found that it still shows in the list of objects on the land in parcel details, and it still shows in Firestorm area search. There is no obstruction to avatar movement where the furniture was, and when I hit alt-ctrl-T with graphics setting as low as possible, the furniture doesn't show.  The owner is not on the mute list, The Firestorm asset blacklist is empty.

Can anyone help?

Pamela, I logged on on a different account with FS, and it looked the same, as it did when I looked at it in Radigast's 3D view with the other account. It also looked the same to a friend on FS.

Looks like I'll be heading over to La Galleria!

Edited by Jennifer Boyle

Hmmm -- what is puzzling is that the furniture shows up in area search etc. I don't think I have heard of that before, I guess I would ask for a sim reset next. Long ago that fixed a problem where I could things in my store that others could not, which I realize is not the case here.

This calls for Whirly! :ph34r: <---- Mystery Ninja

Edited by Pamela Galli

On 4/26/2017 at 10:16 AM, Jennifer Boyle said:

Some of the furniture in my house is owned by a former roommate who last logged on over three years ago. Yesterday, I noticed that it had all disappeared. When I investigated, I found that it still shows in the list of objects on the land in parcel details, and it still shows in Firestorm area search. There is no obstruction to avatar movement where the furniture was, and when I hit alt-ctrl-T with graphics setting as low as possible, the furniture doesn't show.  The owner is not on the mute list, The Firestorm asset blacklist is empty.

Can anyone help?

Still they show on area search (and in the land info), but nobody sees them or bumps in to them, could they have been moved - maybe way high or way low?  Does the Firestorm area search give a location - I can't remember?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Still they show on area search (and in the land info), but nobody sees them or bumps in to them, could they have been moved - maybe way high or way low?  Does the Firestorm area search give a location - I can't remember?

Double click on the item in Area Search. A red arrow and a red beam appear to lead you to the item. The item STILL might not show up but that is where the server thinks it is :D.   This in Firestorm. 

I am an idiot!

First, thanks to Pamela and Chic for some very useful tips.  It turns out that the furniture really is gone. The reason that I thought it still showed in area search and in parcel details was that they showed a fairly large number of objects owned by the owner of the missing furniture, and I assumed that it was included. It turned out that (only) furniture that wasn't missing was what was showing up.

The silver lining is that I learned a lesson and some useful techniques.

Thanks to all who responded.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.