CatHornbill

Issue with in-world snapshot

Question

7 answers to this question

15 hours ago, CatHornbill said:

I can't seem to upload in-world snapshot on to my SL profile.

Any advice is appreciated.

I am also having the same problem, is there a fix?

We had this issue a few years ago and it seems like it has returned.

Please advise :)

I just took a snapshot, in both the SL viewer and Firestorm, and did the 'upload to profile' option.  It shows on the Feed as a shared snapshot, but it does not become the profile picture.  Not sure if it is supposed to or not.

ETA:  The knowledge base implies that the photo is simply uploaded to the profile feed.  If you want it to be your profile picture, then I assume you have to pay the L$10 to upload it to inventory and then put it in your profile.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

There was a time when the web profiles were new that uploading there did change your inworld profile photo. The problem was that with 75% or so of folks in Firestorm with a 3 to 4 ish ratio and the web (then anyway - I never go there) at 1:1 that the photo look BAD "somewhere". So it may have been purposefully changed.   Just a thought. I only uploaded to the web once long ago and didn't like the way it worked so now I just upload inworld. You CAN use the "local" feature to test how your profile picture will look, and that is a nice thing.