Nothing is loading

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yeah Webroot is known to cause extreme slow loading of mesh & textures on Second Life.  It's also incompatible with Http Pipelining & the viewer will be really crashy with Pipelining enabled & textures & mesh will be corrupted.

JIRA issues:

BUG-11314 -  Graphical Errors - Webroot + Pipelining incompatibility

BUG-8631 - Complete texture corruption followed by viewer crash, only when HttpPipelining is enabled (see comments)

FIRE-17661 - HttpPipelining - Webroot Crash with fault error ntdll.dll mesh fails to render, texture corruption

Forum threads:

Help please not rezzing properly & crashing

Second Life- Rainbow graphics...?

• Like 1

This might have been fixed in the latest releases of Webroot.  I noticed that the last updates on those JIRAs were mostly early 2016, with one in late 2016.  I've not experienced any issues with my SL over the last few months.  I went through the browser map tile test that you gave in one of those JIRAs and I never saw any messed up tiles.  One of the JIRAs did have a comment about Webroot whitelisting something.  My Webroot version is 9.0.15.40 (the latest), so maybe some update was all it took - though I never did uninstall / re-install Webroot. 

I have the same issue, but I'm using Avast, not Webroot. Are there any problems involving Avast and SL? My computer, hardware-wise, should be running SL just fine. My internet speed is decent, runs WoW perfectly, so I don't see why that would be a problem either. SpeedTest results
Computer is an HP laptop, running a Core 2 Duo at 2.93 GHz, 4GB RAM, and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530, which dxdiag reports is 2281MB.
This is my first time trying to play SL, and having everything show up as garishly pink blobs is, I'm sure, not what's supposed to happen, lol.
EDIT: I tried disabling pipelining and clearing the cache after, but it's still doing it. Screenshot below.

Edited by SynfulKittyn
Additional information

Everything is pink could also be related to texture misloading, pink or checkerboard pink/black being the default texture for any mesh.

Which could be anything from an issue with your GPU on a hardware level, to broken drivers. Most often is actually an issue with local storage and cache. Its textures that the viewer thinks are in one location, but they have been either removed or broken some other way and because the client still thinks theyre there, it wont try and replace them, it just loads what it has.

Which is why you would see some things but not others.

And thats a very common thing for any network based game, it happens to a lot of things that pull texture resources from other places.

Try clearing cache, wiping out everything SL if possible and doing a reinstall (sometimes just good to do that anyway), but you may also want to find either newer drivers or possible roll back to an older driver for your GPU.

Thats a very old and very weak graphics card for SL, im running a cheap little GT 710 on my core2duo box and its just barely enough to keep me at stable framerates in 720p.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.