Help, Please! Not Rezzing Properly & Crashing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This has been going on for a few days and I have done countless clean reinstalls of both SL and Firestorm viewers.

Either I crash logging in or within a few seconds of being logged in or if I seem like i got logged in, if I try to move.

But even logged in, my screen is crazy. Mesh items are not joining the mesh body and even the world textures are crazy. Please see these:

https://gyazo.com/8a1a956a9720c49a36beffdab76bf927

this floor was supposed to be dark stone: https://gyazo.com/88c015dc216cc7e4794fc82940a979aa

I can't log in and play at all. Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks so much,

Gabi Fanshaw

Gabi, are you using Webroot antivirus?

If not, which antivirus & firewall software are you using?

I suspect you have something installed on your system which isn't compatible with Pipelining in the viewer - this will lead to lots of corrupted rainbow textures and exploding mesh & frequesnt viewer crashes when a lot of uncached content is about.

I noticed my webroot showed active but also expired lol. I renewed it for a year (now have 495 days ???). so i reinstalled FS and tried again. The colors were correct this time but still  mesh items were not rezzing properly. For instance, mesh pants attached to hand are shown on the hand instead of moving onto body. All mesh items are the same. I also see mesh items on other avis the same.

If your Webroot subscription has run out then as Oz said, I'd advise you to choose a different antivirus software. Webroot really is the most problematic antivirus out of all of them with SL viewers.

If you have already uninstalled Webroot, you may still see seeing corrupted textures or mesh if they were fetched & cached with Pipelining enabled. Clear your viewer cache once and everything will be back to normal.

If you decide to keep using Webroot then you can work around the problem by disabling Pipelining in the viewer.

• Activate the Advanced menu in the top menu bar with CTRL+ALT+D
  • Advanced -> Show Debug Settings -> HttpPipelining -> Set this to FALSE.
  • I would actually do this from the login screen because you will likely crash when logged in & the settings change will revert. From the login screen, it's Debug -> Show Debug Settings -> HttpPipelining -> Set this to FALSE.
  • You then MUST purge viewer cache because it will be full of corrupted textures that you fetched with Pipelining. You only need to purge cache once after changing the Pipelining setting.
  • For Firestorm from the login screen: Viewer -> Preferences -> Network & Files -> Directories -> Clear Cache -> Apply -> OK.
  • For LL viewer from the login screen: Me -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Clear Cache -> OK.
  • Restart the viewer & everything should be back to normal.

For details about the Webroot problem:

LL JIRA: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-11314 - Graphical Errors - Webroot + Pipelining incompatibility

Firestorm JIRA: http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-17661 - HttpPipelining - Webroot Crash with fault error ntdll.dll mesh fails to render, texture corruption

Hope that helps.

• 3 months later...

Hmm  so far I haven't seen anyone else having a problem with Pipelining who used Windows Defender.

Do you use any other antivirus software on your system or any software that calls itself a game booster or a network booster?

The software so far known to be incompatible with HttpPipelining is:

• Webroot Antivirus.
  • Forticlient Antivirus (disabling the FortiProxy component fixes the problem).
  • Norman Antivirus Security Suite (Norman NOT Norton).
  • SOPHOS UTM 9 stateful firewall
  • IObit Malware Fighter
  • IObit Advanced system care
  • Quick Heal Total Security
  • Panda Antivirus (only seen one case of it on Panda & I suspect this user had something else installed causing the problem as no-one else has been able to reproduce the problem when testing Panda).
  • Some cellular networks or mifi can cause the same problem.

Burly Tigerpaw wrote:

So I followed the instructions and set http pipelining to false and all is resolved. My question is, what am I missing by doing that? Thank you!

The HTTP pipelining feature leverages HTTP pipelining, a technique in which multiple HTTP requests are sent on a single TCP connection without waiting for the corresponding responses, which significantly improves the download of data (currently avatar baking information, texture data, and mesh data) to the viewer.
The upshot of this is that the impact of a user’s physical location on scene loading is reduced, improving their overall experience.
As well as this, thre is a significant improvement to inventory folder and item fetches, which can markedly decrease the time taken for inventory to load, particularly if a user’s local inventory files have been flushed as a part of a cache clearing (or similar) exercise.

For further details see the Linden Lab blog post.

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.