Second Life- Rainbow graphics...?

Izenagi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone. 

I've been having some rather recent ssues going on with second life that I've been battling for some time now, and one of that problem regards me seeing rainbow looking graphics on my viewer. In a sense, it's hard to describe without a picture, so here it is:

http://i.imgur.com/wukNOi9.png

Oddly enough,it was working fine before some recent Windows 10 update. Pretty much after that, it went downhill from there with this issue. On firestorm 64 bir, The issue rose to be a rather frustrating thing for me. I've tried clearing Cache, Manually clearing it, reinstalling, but to no avail. I've tried other viewers like Black dragon, and Alchemy, however, it still brings forth the same situation, or the situation of them crashing immediately on login.

Oddly enough, Singularity seemed completely fine, however, so it's the only thing I'm really operating SL on, which makes it pretty difficult,since I'm having a hard time getting acclimated to the viewer.

Firestorm 32 Bit was working on my end 'till earlier today, where windows 10 got another update, and in the end result, ended up in the same situation as the other viewers (with the exception of Singularity).

I am on a Laptop:

Asus ROG

CPU:Intel Core i7-4720HQ

GPU: Nvidia GTX960M / Intel HD 4600 (I can switch which can be used, by right clicking my desktop, and changing, though, I've only had focus on the 960M)

RAM:16GB 

1T HDD

1920x1080

Any help at this point is appreciated. I've tried as many options that I could really think of, but now I'm kind of drawing some blanks here. I really don't want to suspect my graphics card is the issue, because it seems completely fine everywhere else, and has been running splendidly. Along with the fact I bought this laptop around august-september of last year.

Whirly Fizzle wrote:

The forum is
& will not let me post my reply to you.

So, here is a screenshot of the reply :smileymad:

Oddly enough, I do indeed have webroot.

I tried the method, and everything seems to be working for now on my end. It's a bit of a shocker to find out my own anti-virus has been causing my distress of issues.

Is there any possible free Anti-virus softwares you could potentially recommend me to? And thank you so much for this help! I truly appreciate it!

Yeah the problem is Webroot.

You can see more details about the Webroot problem on these JIRA issues.

LL JIRA:  BUG-11314 - Graphical Errors - Webroot + Pipelining incompatibility

Firestorm JIRA: FIRE-17661 - HttpPipelining - Webroot Crash with fault error ntdll.dll mesh fails to render, texture corruption

Izenagi wrote:

Is there any possible free Anti-virus softwares you could potentially recommend me to? And thank you so much for this help! I truly appreciate it!

Avoid any of the antivirus software listed as a problem in the comments on BUG-8631

I use the free version of Avira antivirus on my Win 7 desktop & Win 10 laptop and that doesn't have any problems with Pipelining.

Avast free is also fine, I use that on an older laptop.

If you wish to keep using Webroot then you will be fine as long as you keep HttpPipelining set to FALSE in the viewers.

Webroot does cause other problems with SL viewers though, most notably extreme slow loading of textures & mesh. If you have the business edition of Webroot, this can be fixed by whitelisting the viewers cache folder.

The normal version of Webroot does not allow whitelisting by folder though and there is no way to fix the problem.

Webroot is also known to break copy/paste between the viewer & other programs.

Honestly, I would get rid of Webroot & switch to an antivirus that causes less problems with SL viewers. Webroot just really does not work well when you run any kind of "exotic" software on the system and it flags SL viewers as "exotic".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.