Push Objects

GHosTxShadoux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am just wondering how I can prevent, or get rid of objects that are just there to push players. I currently have what appears to be an invisible cylinder attached to my avatar and it just pushes me forward constantly.
It is titled "invi" and created by shakira8000. Just wondering how I can get rid of it.

6 answers to this question

It cannot be attached to you unless you own it, so you either received it as a gift from someone or you accepted it -- perhaps without understanding what it was -- when you touched something.  In any case, you should be able to simply right click on the object and select "Detach".  It will return to your inventory and you may delete it.  You may want to make it easier to see by highlighting transparent objects (CTRL+Alt+T).  If the object has been attached temporarily, it will not show up in your inventory either before you detach it or afterwards.  When you detach it, in that case, it will disappear.

If it is not actually attached to you but is a follower, you should be able to evade it by teleporting to a different region.

• Like 2

Do you still have the problem if you go to a different region?  If so, it's not attached to you.  If it is attached to you, then you ought to be able to remove it as we described unless you have been using a non-Linden Lab viewer that has RLV enabled.

Did you press Ctrl-Alt-T? Could you see anything attached to your avatar?

If you can see it, is it attached? I mean does it move in perfect sync with your avatar, forward, backward, spinning around? Or does it lag a bit behind then catch up to your avatar? If it lags, it is a follower.

This type of thing is either a follower or an attachment. The only possibilities I know of. A follower can be left behind by teleporting to a different region. As pointed out, if it teleports with you, then it is an attachment. Then it is just a matter of detaching it. Open Appearance then select the Worn tab. Is "invi" listed?

When you ask technical questions copy your viewer and computer information from the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... and paste the information in with your question.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.