RLV won't work?

ShaunyPawn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm new to second life, and have recently gotten to using RLVs. Problem is, traps won't work on my avatar, not even when I'm walking right over/through them. I'm really lost on this, and can't find any answers elsewhere. Any idea what's going on? Thanks!

3 answers to this question

When you ask a technical question, click the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... and copy that information to paste in with your question. You'll get better answers.

You may notice some refer to RLV and others to RLVa. These are slightly different versions of the same thing. It rarely makes a difference which you use.

A number of viewers support RLV, but as pointed out, not the Linden made viewer which you get by default.

Some of those viewer brands have RLV enabled by default, some have it disabled by default. So, you have to find the setting and check.

As Lindal points out, you also will need a "RELAY". This is a device that catches script commands and passes them to the viewer. A relay can be in a HUD or in an attachment you wear on the avatar, most often a collar. There are plenty of free, good relays. Some of the retail versions have more features or are more fashionable. But, the basic, free relay has everything you need. But, relays do have to be turned on.

RLV can be complex. There is an advanced level. To learn more see: RLV Tutorials.

Setting up RLV and mesh bodies can be complicated... :( You may want to use a classic body avatar while you learn.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.