Unable to leave a group

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi..Forgive if I missed this anywhere.. I am in an sl group with one other person, the group owner is no longer in sl or in the group..I now want to leave the group but I get the message...unable to leave group. Is there a way around  this please?  Thank you for any help.

Hi Sooby,

Googling "i can't leave second life group" found this...

That solution was targeted at a bug in SL that prevented people from leaving large groups, or groups with corrupted databases. That problem has (I think) been fixed, and so I've reason to believe the solution won't help you.

If the other person in the group has owner privileges, ask if they would eject you from the group. Doing so will, of course, trigger dissolution of the group within 48 hours (groups must have two or more members to avoid this). If the other person wants to retain the group s/he can enroll an alt.

If that doesn't work, and if you are a Premium member, open a support case here...

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

• Like 1

Hi Sooby!  This JUST happened to me few days ago.  I was in a group that was set up specifically for planning a party.  That party is long past, and somehow, I got set as a group owner, and all the other owners left.  So I couldn't leave.  I sent out  a notice to the few folks still left in the group, told them I was closing it, ejected them all, and the group then disappeared in a couple days, as I was the only one left.  Good luck!  

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
1 hour ago, JetRaptor Breed said:

I can not leave groups I'm trying to leave groups i want but they say unable to leave

When asking for help give use a clue. Which viewer you are using?

Try re-logging, try 'leaving' in another region, change viewers and try again.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.