Can't C To Crouch

Morbidesque

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

That's not one of those things I do very often.  In fact, I can't recall the last time I wanted to crouch. However, most of those actions are only available if you have enabled WASD in Preferences  >>>. General 

https://gyazo.com/7c035c46691a13076b9733727e2124fe

Personally, I tend to keep WASD switched off because it makes me jump every time I decide to type in chat.  If I really wanted to crouch, I'd use the PgDn key. ;)

• Like 3

When asking a technical question, give us information on the viewer and computer you are using. Use HELP->ABOUT… to gather the information then paste it in with your question.

We need to know a bit more...

Does anything happen when you press 'C'?

Have you turned off your AO? Do you use an AO? The default animations can take a REALLY long time to load... so... if you are using the defaults, this may be a matter of patience.

Have you checked your gestures (Ctrl-g) to see if one is using that key?

Has it always been this way or is it a recent change? If recent, when? Did you make any changes to the computer or viewer about that time?

Since you can type 'c' in your post, the keyboard and computer are working. Do you have two viewers? Most of us run at least two so we can troubleshoot these types of problems. If two different viewers have the same problem, it mostly likely is not, like almost never, the viewer that is the problem and we know to look in other places for the problem. The Linden made viewer is the main troubleshooting viewer. Whichever brand of viewer you prefer you need the Linden viewer for when you contact the Lab for support.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

When asking a technical question, give us information on the viewer and computer you are using. Use HELP->ABOUT… to gather the information then paste it in with your question.

We need to know a bit more...

Does anything happen when you press 'C'?

Have you turned off your AO? Do you use an AO? The default animations can take a REALLY long time to load... so... if you are using the defaults, this may be a matter of patience.

Have you checked your gestures (Ctrl-g) to see if one is using that key?

Has it always been this way or is it a recent change? If recent, when? Did you make any changes to the computer or viewer about that time?

Since you can type 'c' in your post, the keyboard and computer are working. Do you have two viewers? Most of us run at least two so we can troubleshoot these types of problems. If two different viewers have the same problem, it mostly likely is not, like almost never, the viewer that is the problem and we know to look in other places for the problem. The Linden made viewer is the main troubleshooting viewer. Whichever brand of viewer you prefer you need the Linden viewer for when you contact the Lab for support.

I use the most recent version of Firestorm. Nothing happens when I press C and I do have an AO but I've tried disabling it and still nothing is happening. I've checked all of my gestures as well but it doesn't seem like any of them use the command of Ctrl+g.

And you set the WASD option in Preferences, as I suggested?

1 hour ago, Morbidesque said:

I use the most recent version of Firestorm. Nothing happens when I press C and I do have an AO but I've tried disabling it and still nothing is happening. I've checked all of my gestures as well but it doesn't seem like any of them use the command of Ctrl+g.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morbidesque said:

No, no.  CTRL+G is the shortcut to open the Gestures window.  We meant, is there an active gesture you have that uses the C key for its shortcut?  That might override the use of the C key for crouching.

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

No, no.  CTRL+G is the shortcut to open the Gestures window.  We meant, is there an active gesture you have that uses the C key for its shortcut?  That might override the use of the C key for crouching.

Oh! No, I don't have anything in my gestures set to C either. And I never changed anything about my WASD keys but I checked and it doesn't appear to be that either. Sorry for the trouble.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.