What's a reasonable wage for an job in SL

Raine Violet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I'm looking for a Customer Service./ Chat Mod type job in SL and I'm just curious to know what a reasonable wage would be.  A few ads say to contact the advertiser, then we will discuss the pay. So I thought I'd ask so I won't go in blind..  I know I'm not going to get RL mininum wage or anything, I just want to pick up some extra Lindens doing something I may be doing anyway (chatting/helping others).

Truthfully, there's no standard for 'wages' in SL, a lot depends on what the job is, who it's for, how generous they are, and how gullible the worker is, all influenced by what peoples perceptions of the current state of the SL economy is.

If you go play 'crystal scavanger' in the Linden Realms, and you use the right strategy, you can make 50 ls an hour, running around constantly with no talking at all.

If you go to some commercially run 'social areas', you might make 5 ls an hour saying "Hi noobguy4987345734 resident" (yeah you invested 49 ls in a hosting hud) to a run-b4-rezzer who scrambles past bent over at the waist, runs through a wall he cant see yet and poofs with no reply.

If you get a store model job you might make 20-25 an hour and get some free clothes, or you might make nothing and hust get a free outfit every month.

Greeter/Guide/Mentor jobs tend to  be especially badly paid, as apparently helping people is not regarded as work needing to be done or is regarded as "something responsible socially minded people will do for free, so i dont have to pay them to do it on my land for my customers"

Truthfully, if you hate the idea of holding down the up cursor key, and stearing with the mouse in mouselook for 2 hours at a time, ask for 25 ls an hour, if you dont mind mouselook/steer autorun, play the realms for 50 an hour.

You want more than that, you have to emote sexy on a stripper dance pole in a hot avatar...

There is no minimum wage in SL and payment runs the gamut from items (clothing, etc) to lindens.  Why not go in with low expectations and you won't be disappointed.  If you're interested in being a CSR, you might chat with some already doing the job to get an idea of the requirements. 

I own a business but I do have some work experience on SL I used to DJ for clubs and the average payment is 250L or $1 /hour. For CS on SL, I'd say 250L / $1 an hour would be reasonable, but that really depends on the workload and how reputable the company you're working for is. Perhaps you should check out and estimate how thriving their company is and make your decision from that. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.