I have chosen the wrong avatar can I exchange for another w/o losing my inventory for this one?

SatinRibbon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have chosen the wrong avatar can I exchange for another w/o losing my inventory for this one? I can't seem to achieve the look I want with this avatar....can I exchange her? I already purchased 1000's worth of items for her and don't want to lose that investment.

Thank you

SatinRibbon

3 answers to this question

Using Firestorm, (upper left corner) "Avatar">"Choose an avatar".

It will allow you to choose between "New Avatar", "Classic", "Vanpires" or "People". You will not lose the inventory that you've already purchased.

Choose an avatar you will be most comfortable with and run with it.

I'm sure the other viewers have this ability to choose a new avi. You just have to look.

I am assuming you mean the avatar you chose when you signed up for your account.

Yes, of course you can!  There is an "avatars" button...it has the symbol of a couple of people on it.  Clicking it brings up a gallery of pictures, and you can select one to change to that avatar.

You can get to an even broader selection by opening your Inventory (CTRL+I) and browsing to Library/Clothing/Initial Outfits.  Select any sub-folder there, right click it and choose Replace Outfit, or drag the folder and drop it onto your avatar.

Changing avatars may or may not solve your clothing compatibility problems.  You need to understand how SL clothing works, and it's a very confusing subject, because over the years, additional functions have given creators the ability to make clothing in different ways.  There's a pretty good appearance tutorial at Caledon Oxbridge University...teleport over there and have a stroll through the campus.  (By "clothing" I also mean things like hair, skin, and mesh body attachments.)

Now, if you meant that you've picked the wrong USER NAME for your avatar and want to sign up for another account...then NO, your current inventory can't be transferred, except for any transferable items.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.