Sign in to follow this  
Sahraa Shelman

Square stars with viewer 2

Question

9 answers to this question

I just had a look in the community help, and it seems - but I hope I'm wrong - that you have to have a 'Resident' rank to upload and post pictures. 'New resident' can apparently not upload images. Not really sure what to do...

- Luc -

to take a picture in-world .... CTRL+SHIFT+S and select save to your harddrive .....then insert the picture to one of your replies here ... *meows*

If the Resident cannot upload photos here, he/she can upload the image to Imageshack (or ...) and add here the link :)

Please post details of your graphics card and what driver version you're using. Although not the same issue that produced stars in clouds that affected ATI Catalyst 9.12 and fixed in 10.2. it does have a similar ring to it.

Do you have an ATI graphics card?

If so, first try disabling the VBO in preferences, graphics, hardware.

If that doesn`t work, go to http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx & change your Graphics Card drivers.

First try the latest updated version but if that doesn`t fix the problem, sometimes older versions are better. There is a page on the site with several older updates you can use.

Take a look at THIS JIRA REPORT.  If the images there look like what you are seeing, it's a driver issue with your ATI graphics card.  Download the latest Catalyst driver (11.2) and it should clear up.