Sculpted prims Creators Tools vs. Sculpted Prims

Catwise Yoshikawa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I'm having trouble with these categories, not sure what's the difference. Was checking and there are similar items inside both categories, maybe they are in the wrong category? Not even sure if this "Sculpted prims Creators Tools" is new, cause didn't remember it from Xstreet ^^'
Any tip? thanx

Building Components

Building Aids

Sculpted Prims

----------------------

Building Components

Sculpted prims Creators Tools

"Sculpted prims Creators Tools" is category made specialy for full perms sculpt kits for creators , "sculpted prims" is old category from XSL that is basicly same,its is confusing becouse both categories have same stuff ,sculpts for creators.

If you make sculpts and sell tham on marketplace you can put them in anny of those categories and you wont make a mistake!

i've always used the category 'sculpted prims' even when the 'sculpted prims creators tools' category came in if i have to be honest i don't really understand the new category and maybe thought at first it was for tools to create sculpted prims like sculptcrafter as opposed to full perm sculpt map sets. neither category is the wrong category if you have sculpts to sell give one category a try if it's not successful try the other

• Moderators

Greetings!!

Min is correct.

The Sculpted Prims category was the original category from the old Xstreet SL web site marketplace.

The new Sculpted Prims creators tools category was created with sub-categories to offer further breakdown of the products.

However, there is no way to mass move the products in the old category to the new ones and disabling the category will effectively disable all of the products that are in that original category, which of course, we do not want to do.

Regards,

Dakota Linden

--

Linden Lab

SL Marketplace Customer Support

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/

http://www.secondlife.com

• Moderators

Hi Catwise!

Honestly, it doesn't matter. :)

Both categories are correct for those types of sculpted products. If you prefer to have your products in the original category, you are welcome to leave them there.

If there is a sub-category under the new section that fits your product perfectly, you can place the listing there if you believe that it might have a better chance at being purchased.

Regards,

Dakota Linden

--

Linden Lab

SL Marketplace Customer Support

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/

http://www.secondlife.com

JubJub Forder wrote:

Actually it matters HUGE.

If your item is listed in the old category it won't show up in search.

O_O really???

Edit: Ohhh great. I just check my items and notice had 2 of them in sculpted prims Creator tools  and other 2 in other category (xmas related), and now I know why the first 2 are the ones that were selling :P

Relm Foxdale wrote:

If you were to ask me, I'd think "sculpted prims creators tools" was something else--
tools
for people to make these with, not maps. Like in-world sculpt makers or some sort of map import add-on or some other gadget.

I would say that LL Commerce Team has never understood the Sculpty Merchants product line.  In the years I have been in Xstreet and now SLM I have mentioned a few times that the product categories have never captured some of our products and building materials for other builders.

I do not sell SCULPTED PRIMS....  I sell SCULPT MAPS 

This is a huge difference to my customers.  It is also one of my most asked questions I get from my customers.  "Are you selling the sculpted prims of your landscape pack or the Maps?".  My customers often want the MAPS! 

Yet the only category I can put all my landscape Sculpty Map Theme packs into are SCULPTED PRIMS.

I have given up asking LL Commerce Team to fix this.  They just dont understand / dont listen.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.