Shoes - with NO hud

Lyra Blackthorne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wear pale DrLife skins and elf skins from basic drows to a far from basic fussy purple and green one(it isnt as bad as it sounds) I've found alot of huds have colors that are very basic for prim feet shoes to elf ears(elf ears are the worsed as so many creators have three shades of ear and none of them are pale enough. Are there any prim feet shoes with huds that alow people to go from bone white feet right to dark purple?

I just wanted to thankyou all for your arguments PRO HUD and AGAINST.

I have recently built my first pair of sculpted foot shoes and was debating in investing in a HUD system (OMG have you looked at the price?!)

I think I will go ahead and box up some W/O the HUD and leave them MOD, perhaps use a simple resizer/ankle lock and call it a day :) Until I can really afford the HUD I want. lol

When it comes to buying shoes with huds,  it really doesn't do to skimp on the price.  I know this from my recent experience. The shoe itself may look good but if there's a cheap hud inside it, things can go wrong.

I don't buy from the likes of Stiletto Moody (yet!) but i'm steering clear of anything below at least mid-range price.  Purrfect 10 do a good shoe with hud for approximately L600.   Anything with a hud that comes in below that price, and i'll tend to question the quality.  Of course, it would depend on the brand and their reputation, also.

I find Gos and Kalnins to be very reliable.

• 5 weeks later...

I only have one pair of shoes I will wear that come with a HuD and only because they can be matched to any outfit. I won't wear them with short pants, a dress or a skirt though, because I know that my feet don't match the rest of my skin on other people's monitors. I have a friend who loves these HuD driven shoes and always wants me to come "slap this board or slap that board" for free pairs, but her shoes never match her skin on my monitor. Another good reason why I don't like them is the sheer number of scripts many of these shoes have in them. The other day, I was wearing my only HuD driven shoe and I teleported into a sim and a sign told me I had on 117 scripts. I knew my outfit had no scripts in it. I teleported home and took off my shoes and then checked my script count. 90 scripts in the shoes alone. That is ridiculous and no wonder people lag all over the place.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.