my animation overrider no longer offers me the option to wear when I click on it in inventory?

TurtleBeing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a vista overrider animation...Had it for a long time.  Today it won't offer me the option to wear or add when I click on it in inventory.  I thought it might just be old so bought two inexpensive ones to try out, but they don't offer me the option to wear or add either...What's up?  Is it vista or do I have a real problem.  I'm walking around like a noob...yikes!!  Please help..please.

3 answers to this question

You ought to be able to attach any object. It doesn't make any difference whether it's an AO, a hat, or a plywood prim.  If you double click on it in inventory, or right click and select Wear or Add, it will attach.  I can only think of a couple of things that might make it look as if an AO was not attaching:

1.  If you have somehow changed the attachment point, so that it's not attaching as a HUD, you might not notice that it is attached to some other part of your body.  A HUD is small and at least partly transparent, so it would be easy to miss.  The way to beat that problem is to select Attach To HUD ... and then designate the Top Right HUD attachment point.

2. The HUD has somehow been rotated, so that it is not visible once it is attached to your screen.  That's a tough one.  An AO may just  be a very skinny thing, so if it gets turned so that you're looking at it edge on, you won't see a thing.  The saving grace there is that it will still work.  You just won't be able to click on it to manage the controls.  If you are extremely careful and highlight transparent objects (CTRL + Alt + T), you might be able to spot the AO and then use your edit tools to rotate it again.

• Like 1

Maybe all your attachment points are occupied?  You should be able to attach a maximum of 38 attachments.  By using the ADD command instead of Wear, you can put all 38 of these on ONE attachment point (though I can't think why you might want to.)

Look in your Appearance menu and select Edit Outfit.  Check how many things you have attached.  If you've got too many, you'll have to detach something.

• Like 2

Lindal points out the Avatar Attachments Limit.

A new limit that has just come into play (last week) is the Attached Script Limit. It is 2,500. So, it is hard to run into that limit but, it is possible with some hair, genitals, and shoes or jewlery.

So, if you strip down to the test avatar or your basic nude classic avatar you can eliminate those limits as being the problem.

You can also try attaching other scripted items. If they to fail to attach, it isn't the AO's that are a problem.

You can try anothere viewer. If you prefer a third party viewer you should still keep the Linden viewer installed for troubleshooting. If you only use the Linden viewer you need a third party viewer to do the troubleshooting. It is the fastest way to decide if a problem is viewer related or not.

When you have a tech problem copy and paste the the viewer and computer information you can get from the viewer's HELP->ABOUT... screen. Without that info all we can really do is guess. Seeing that info eliminates a lot of guessing.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2832 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.