How many "Delivery Partially Failed" sales are you getting?

JubJub Forder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Go to your Merchant Home, choose Orders/Transaction History, then from the drop-down list choose "Delivery Partially Failed", then click Search.

I get 1-2 a day "partially fail" on an average of 35 daily sales. 12 days of this month i had none partially fail. So i'm gonna estimate that as roughly  3% failure rate - at one sale a day partially failing.
Some days i get way more - March 23rd i got 11 Delivery Partially Faileds. (approx 33% failure rate) and thats not the only day-  Mar 7: 11 fail,  Feb 6: 22  fail
Most of them have a payment status of "not Paid".

A 3 - 33% failure rate is high as a failure rate for electronic transactions. IMHO 33% is simply unacceptable.
And these are only the transactions labelled "Delivery Partially Failed "- I have some labelled "Queued" dated in January still sitting there.

I have magic boxes on 2 sims - one mainland, one island to ensure reliability :P

Am I the only one experiencing these failure rates? Whats your failure rate? Are you getting some days when losing lots of sales?

What is the official failure rate? and what resources are being devoted to fixing the problem?
(vs what resources are being devoted to the Daily Deal idea)

One thing to double-check is if the "Partial Failure" is really with your products. I get one or two of those statuses from time to time, but very very rarely are they my products. Most often the customer purchased 6 or more products and the failure was with someone else's stuff; mine almost always go through.

Just click "View Order" to the far right and you will see the status for your products alone. If the status there reports "Delivered" then you're good.

JubJub Forder wrote:

Most of mine state "not delivered" "not paid" - especially on the 33+% days

GACK! Have you tried splitting products across multiple Magic Boxes? Maybe going as far as putting no more than 20 items per box .. or even putting overlapping groups in boxes?

• Box 1 - Products 1-20
  • Box 2 - Products 11-30
  • Box 3 - Products 21-40
  • Box 4 - Products 31-50
  • etc.
It might seem extreme but, it might help, especially if you sometimes get some serious Sim Lag and lots of nearly consecutive deliveries.

My original Magicbox failed and no longer showed updates.   I removed it.  Got a new one and relocated it to my new main store SIM.  Since then, I've had no failures and the partial failures were orders that had failures on other peoples items.  Prior to getting the new box and starting from scratch I'd say about 1 in every 15 orders failed.

I have 4 boxes on my land. I have around 200 items listed and have 100 in each of two boxes, and then a copy of those two boxes. I used to have awful delivery rates but they've been much better the past few months. I usually get around 5, sometimes less, sometimes more of those "Delivery partially failed" notifications now.

I wonder why some people are more predisposed to having issues like that than others? And even then, how likely you are to have problems varies on how the wind is blowing that day.

Marketplace delivery is like having a cold. Some people are more susceptible to problems than others, and it just depends which direction the germs are blowing when you have those problems. :smileyvery-happy:

This does lead me to what might be a useful suggestion though.

If the Order shows status "Delivery Partially Failed" and the partial failure was in your products, they should boldface that status to indicate you need to take some form of action. However if the partial failure did not affect your products, the status should be left in normal face.

Sound good to folks?

I hadn't had that many delivery partially failed sales (I have only one magic box with about 120 items
in it on my parcel), but one day I noticed sales confirmations from the marketplace dropped sharply,
so I checked my transaction history on the order report page and found about 15 delivery partially failed 
orders there, so I went over magic box status to find there were 2 unnecessary magic boxes listed active.

I recalled the previous day I was making a new set of the magic box on my new place to replace the
LM of my store and took it. Yeah, I removed those extra magic boxes from that page and my problem was
solved.

• 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.