Codex Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

On a sim, my avatar complexity is apparently 220980 or so, and I recieve a warning 'avatar may not be seen by others'.

I haven't changed my avatar from the default avatar I signed up wiht 5 years ago, as well as the main mesh props I wear (NeuroLab :D gasmask, gloves, goggles) haven't changed for at least 3 years.

Why am I getting avatar complexity warnings now, and what changed? I can't strip this avatar any lower, since my clothes are the old style body skin types no mesh... Thanks

3 answers to this question

entity0x wrote:

On a sim, my avatar complexity is apparently 220980 or so, and I recieve a warning 'avatar may not be seen by others'.

I haven't changed my avatar from the default avatar I signed up wiht 5 years ago, as well as the main mesh props I wear (NeuroLab
:D
gasmask, gloves, goggles) haven't changed for at least 3 years.

Why am I getting avatar complexity warnings now, and what changed? I can't strip this avatar any lower, since my clothes are the old style body skin types no mesh... Thanks

with 220.980 you are for sure wearing a LOT more than just a basic avatar.

LL did add a feature to the viewer that lowers the load on them to render people around, if you'r bove a certain complexity you will not get rendered and appear as jelly doll for others.

People will have to allow the viewer to show you, or most likely..they will not because you lag them.

Perhaps time to start looking for a modern outfit and appearance. This will only get worse, not less.....

I'm with my mesh body and mesh clothes mostly between 70.000 and  100.000 so it's for sure not impossible to get lower.

If you want to find out.. strip naked and start adding stuff...you'll be scared :)

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/Why-are-all-these-people-made-of-colored-jelly/ba-p/3031255

• Like 3

In addition to Alwin's great advice, read https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Avatar-Rendering-Complexity/ta-p/2967838 .  You can certainly get your own complexity much lower than 220980. As a first guess, I suggest looking at your hair.  Some designers have gone absolutely, unnecessarily crazy with detail in mesh hair.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.